Fuel Line Routing

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put the cell on one side at the front of the bed, the battery on the other side, with a firewall between them. Then build a wooden box and disguise it as a toolbox to cover both. Seen it done that way many times, I always like the neat look of it.
Me too. I wanted the bed totally empty, but ain't gonna' happen.The battery is already under the bed. I'll make a box that says hazardous materials, or explosives, or something fun on it to hide the fuel cell. I wanted it under the bed, too, but there is just no good place.

Attachments

• P5300143.jpg
    P5300143.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 16
  • P5300141.jpg
    P5300141.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 15
Skip? Do you have a build thread on this thing? I can't find one... [S

No. I never got one going. I just drop a bomb once in a while. I have been playing with this project for several years, off and on. It is getting closer to "finished", now that I am retired. I kind of think maybe I'll do summary of the build some day. Lots of pictures.

Fuel cell cover. Still needs some detailing, but it does the job.

I'm too pooped to finish it today.

Attachments

• IMG_20170715_180802493_HDR[1].jpg
    IMG_20170715_180802493_HDR[1].jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 18
Looks great! [cl I like the hidden battery box, too. It looks a lot like what some old farmer would have had in the bed of his farm truck to keep tools and stuff in, blends in perfectly.

Looks great! [cl I like the hidden battery box, too. It looks a lot like what some old farmer would have had in the bed of his farm truck to keep tools and stuff in, blends in perfectly.
Thank you, kind Sir. I got a bunch of recycled wood used for partitioning cargo on freighters to do the bed with. Glad I got twice as much as I needed. Its some Scandinavian semi hardwood. It needed nothing except cutting to size for this project.

When I was doing concrete construction back in the 80's, we had some plywood we used on the forms that was supposed to have come from Finland. That stuff was like steel, hard to drill, almost impossible to drive a nail into, and slick as glass. IIRC, it had 26 plyes in a 3/4" sheet. I tried to get a couple of sheets to take home with me, but they wouldn't let me have it. It would have made a helluva work bench.

Well, imagine that! A new fuel pump, a different tank (mounted above the pump), fresh gas, and about three revolutions on the starter. Fire in the hole! My $30 swap meet Carter AFB Competition Series even idles pretty nice. :D:D:D

Thanks for all the advice, everyone. [cl[cl[cl[cl

My attempt at loading a video was a failure, or you could have even heard it. [S Please supply your own favorite vroom vroom noises. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20170718_172204126_HDR[1].jpg
    IMG_20170718_172204126_HDR[1].jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back