Pain

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob w

Still crazy after all these years!
Tripper: if this is too off topic, please delete.

As most of you know I have arthritis in my hips, wrists and hands. On top of that I just had shoulder surgery. Now out of the sling and doing rehab.

The main problem is my knuckles and wrists are very painful, swollen and inflamed preventing me from doing all but the lightest car work. Because I take blood thinners I can only use Tylenol, which isn't very effective.

Started making smoothies with foods that are known antinflamatories, such as beets, spinach, turmeric, ginger, tomatos, etc. Only been doing this for 4 days so I don't know how well it will work over time.

Will be starting pool therapy shortly as it seems to help some people.

Many of you guys must be dealing with the same pains. I'm curious if any you have found something that offers relief.

Does anyone know how effective the oil from that product that is popular in Colorado is?

Sorry to hear of your pain issues. My wife has been dealing with Neuopathy pain in her feet for a few years now. Very debilitating and no medications have helped other than producing ill side effects.
Last year when we were in Yuma my 83 year old friend suggested trying CBD hemp oil. This was the first time we found something that actually helped! It takes the edge off the pain, especially helpful at bed time - a few squirts (or drops) under the tongue. There are many different brands out there with various claims and claimed strength, some taste like weed, some don't, some are flavored. Cannashield seemed to be OK, then we tried Charlottes Web (one of the originals from Colorado) chocolate mint flavored,(yum) comes in 3 different strengths (with accompanying prices), we use the mid strength one - Hemp plus. BTW, no THC in this, you don't get high...
This one really helps her, so side effects. We can't get it in Canada yet so I recently had to drive to Seattle to stock up until we get back down south this winter.
Hope this helps you :)

I have really bad ankles & that's not good for an active old fat guy. I've soaked my feets in an ice bucket for many years... nothing works or feels better than when I finally get them numbed up! Sometimes I have to have a few brews first but that ain't a big problem! I also take liquid gel Advil which works for me! [ddd

BoB

bobw, I feel your pain.... 2 shoulder surgery's on my right shoulder
and still no better pain wise than before...now I've torn my left but
I'm trying to deal with it until I can't take it no more and yes arthur
has made his self at home in my body too...I've been taking meloxicam
for some time now. Didn't think it was working until I stopped for a few
day's, it does help somewhat. My wife was diagnosed with SPS, and she has been using the CBD stuff with some relief...that's all I got....hope you
find something that works for you....

My wife has arthritis in her finger joints.
She takes mangosteen supplements every morning and doesn't have any pain her finger joints.
The product she's on is Core AO made by M network.
There's naysayers on the web but, this has helped her so who cares.
http://mnetwork.co/products/

Enbrel

l too have lots of arthritis pain and along with that a severe back, right shoulder and knees that are shot.

the arthritis med enbrel is a life changing drug for me. before l had it l could not walk more than a few feet and working in the shop or on projects was outta the question.

Later :cool:

bobw, I feel your pain.... 2 shoulder surgery's on my right shoulder
and still no better pain wise than before...now I've torn my left but
I'm trying to deal with it until I can't take it no more and yes arthur
has made his self at home in my body too...I've been taking meloxicam
for some time now. Didn't think it was working until I stopped for a few
day's, it does help somewhat. My wife was diagnosed with SPS, and she has been using the CBD stuff with some relief...that's all I got....hope you
find something that works for you....

Same here with the meloxicam...which is also a blood thinner. I have to get injections in my back every four months and have to discontinue the meloxicam for 5 days prior to the injections. It makes a big difference. This, and cold beer are about the only things I've found that work...along with an occasional tylonol 3 on especially bad nights so I can sleep.

"We need a bigger boat."
Started my short lasted back therapy last week and after my history/eval the PT looked at me and said. You have been in constant pain for over 30 years. I replied. "Now that I think about it. You are right."[ddd
I don't take pain meds. I never have because to get to the dosage that does anything for me....:eek:
My wife on the other hand is a firm believer in the use of Medical MJ. If you google tinctures bob, you will find lots of recipes to make your own. But beware of the fact that what one or two drops does for someone else may have a different reaction on you.
I have been considering them myself but don't want to give up my "Virgin" card yet.:D
Torchie

"We need a bigger boat."...Torchie. Noah probably thought the same thing...

We can get green cards down here now...think I'll check into that:D

"We need a bigger boat."...Torchie. Noah probably thought the same thing...

We can get green cards down here now...think I'll check into that:D

We can get the medical MJ cards here in Michigan too small foot. But where I live it’s the local “ cash crop.”:eek:[ddd
Torchie

Thank you for all the great information. Is there any medical reason to not use the MJ oil if a person has cononary artery disease?

Thank you for all the great information. Is there any medical reason to not use the MJ oil if a person has cononary artery disease?

Not to my knowledge bob people use the tincture so they don’t have to smoke it which is not good for arteries. You should look into edibles as well.
The biggest issues I have seen with oils, tinctures or edibles is regulating your dosage, which I mentioned in my previous post .
I hope you find some relief.
Torchie

I hope all of you find something that relieves your pains :)
I am not on any medications of any kind and never have been.
Maybe once or twice a year I'll take an Aleve but, that's it.

Been taking Glucosamine chondroitin for years to help build cartalage in my knees. I have been taking ginger peach tea for a couple of years. They both seam to help but still in pain. just started taking turmeric capsules three days ago. Will take a while to see if it is helping. Sorry, I still haven't found anything to help my spelling.

Sugar is supposed to be inflammatory and arthritis is supposed to be due to inflammation. I had to cut out sugar in all its forms for pre diabetes recently and the arthritis in my hands went away for several days but it seems to be coming back now.

That is a good read Torchie.
I am totally apposed to opioids and prescription drugs. My son and daughter were both addicted to them (for years) and took a long time to get off them, neither will now take any kind of drugs.
I understand the use and need for pain relievers however, long term use of a prescription drug is asking for trouble. imho
The side effects sometimes outweigh the good the drug can do. If it requires more drugs to counteract the prescription then, careful thought needs to take place.
I'm not without pain and I'm obviously not in debilitating pain or I might take a different view on this but, I've seen it ruin too many peoples lives to just sit back and watch this continually happen time and time again.
Search out the least evasive method of controlling the pain please.
I'm off the soap box, someone else can have it. I hope I didn't offend anyone, if I did, I apologist a head of time.

bob i'll be 58 in march and i am eat up with osteoarthritis, and have had shoulder surgery as well. it's bad when you get out of bed and everything hurts to high heaven. today it is my feet, knees and lower back. tomorrow it may be something else. i try my best to not let it slow me down but there are some days that i just want to hide. hope what your trying helps.

I highly suggest giving CBD oil a try! My wife has suffered from chronic pain for years, and after being on CBD gel caps for 6 months now she is nearly pain free AND sleeping better than she ever has. [cl

Like others have said regulating your dosage takes a little trial, but it's not difficult. She started in the middle and found what worked best pretty quickly. She takes a low dose during the day and a larger one at night. I have began taking some at night as well, and it works better than Melatonin!

It certainly won't hurt, and it's far better than putting chemicals in your body every day.

Latest posts

Back