O/t -Ford Flathead 6cyl Tractor Ring gear

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanmartin72

Does anyone have any leads on a flywheel ring gear for a
1949 - 53 Ford flathead 6cyl 8n tractor? What i have been told that this was a funk conversion on a 8n tractor, supposedly truck engines were put in it's place so the military could pull the airplanes out of the hangers!

The ring gear needed has 114 teeth

so the ones from a truck those years have 112 teeth and tractor has 134

the O.D of the flywheel is 14 and 1/4

Thanks,
Martin

Funk conversion

You are correct in your belief that you have a "funk" conversion, I do not have parts for these , but I have restored one for a friend and as odd as these are they really wake up a 8-n. they are fairly rare though, and to find parts for them is going to be a challenge for sure. I hope you get this tractor up and running because you will find it is fast, no I mean, SCARRY fast, you will be the king of your own little hill when it comes to tractor races! Good Luck!! PS, they also put Flathead v-8's in them but they are extremely rare,

funk tractors

There is a guy at iola every year with a funk conversion tractor. His is the six cylinder model with a dual carb intake, stacks, straight pipe exhaust and a ton of other speed goodies. Not only does it look totally cool and wild, it sounds awesome too. I will get his card and see what he has for parts or if he has any sources for parts. I will try to get a pic or two of the tractor, but it is darn near impossoble due to the crowds.

There is another guy there with a 60 hp flattie V8 in one motorcycle and a lincoln V12 in another bike. Both are wicked fast, obviously with a most excellent power to weight ratio. Both bikes are very well done and are totally rideable and street legal to boot. I will try to get some pics of those next weekend when I am there.

Latest posts

Back