32-48 Ford Front Axles ??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satanherself

Our favorite Sweetheart!
ok Ratty was asking if this would fit his 35 axle,,does anyone know why it WOULD'nt work? only thing I can think of is that maybe the drop changed in 37 as I know 37-41 are suppose to be the same ,,could it be a clearance issue on teh wishbone?

Everything to convert 37-47 PU,,,37-48 car,,front end to disc brakes
5x4 1/2
con1.JPG

I think there is some dimensional difference between the pre '37 spindles and the post '37 ones. Don't know if that kit Speedway sells to adapt later Ford drum brakes to early spindles would work, but I have never heard of anyone doing it. I would just use later spindles on his '35 axle, and that way there is no question. The axle is not the problem, it is the spindles that are different.

The '37 up spindles will bolt right on any axle back to '28.

Don

Don is right, I have a 35' axle also I was going to use. But stopped because nobody could confirl for sure if that kit would work. Speedway does make a kit that is basically a spacer to fill the gap when using F100 drum brakes on 35-36 spindles but I do not know if that would help in this situation due to the fact that there really is not backing plate to fill a gap against. Although I would think you could fabricate almost anything to work.

If I remember correctly there was a lot of discussion about this on OSR as well, and nobody could confirm. How bout' you be the first?:D Lemme' know I've been sittin' on that 35' axle for a year now...:p

Latest posts

Back