DDT - Damn Dodge Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Checking In

I just dropped in and have perused a few pages… [P
Diggin' the look and I also agree, chop those ends off...;)

Hoping to dig in over the holiday weekend. Gonna try and see if raising the body an inch or two will get me out of the jam....I don't really want to lower the engine and transmission.

Looks like you raised her up good. She should start her own build thread. That way, we can all coach her on how to wedge a 350 in that little Toyota.

nice!

Looks like you raised her up good. She should start her own build thread. That way, we can all coach her on how to wedge a 350 in that little Toyota.

... and how to work a broom! LOL Just kidding. Glad to see a neglected vehicle come out from under the fence posts and start becoming a vehicle again! You GO girl !!! :D

It will get a SBC, but it won't be a 350. It will be a freshened up 307 (283 stroker motor).

Ain't it nice to have a kids that value the good things in life.
Makes it a pleasure to help them do this kind of stuff.
More power to you and her
ENJOY THE TIME WELL SPENT WITH HER!!!!!

As if the FJ40 wasn't a distraction enough, my dad suggested building the FJ60 donor car that is giving up it's transmission, transfercase, axles, and steering box to the FJ40. He suggested turning it into a slammed 2wd! It will be old enough to be a NSRA "streetrod" next year.

We have an extra S-10 chassis, toyota mini truck chassis, and jaguar XJS subframes in the barn....something ought to fit! Maybe borrow the engine a trans from Roofus or stick one of the 350s that are laying around.

IMG_7064 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

IMG_7063 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

IMG_7066 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

Slammed 60 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

Slammed 60 skirt by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

Last edited:
[;) chop it and you'll have something, not sure what [S [cl

A really cheap toy. To me, the 4x4 stuff that I'm robbing is worth what I paid for the truck. The body and bare frame are free.

The truck is rust free, has good glass and interior...and would be the only one like it at a car show.

If the jag clips fit....a set of craigslist 20's will get me most of the way there.

And besides, a big station wagon that handles...might be fun.

Last edited:
HAHAHA. Dad saw the photochop and wants me to build it for HIM. My 76 year old man wants to roll a lowered landcruiser wagon on 20's!!!!!! NOW!!!! [S[cl[;)

He eyeballed the jag stuff and the cruiser and looks like they should work.

I guess I will be starting yet another build.

Found a set of 2013 Camaro exhaust manifolds on craigslist. This should make it a whole lot nicer in the cab as I can get the pipes a lot farther away from the floorboard/firewall than the truck manifolds were gonna be.

I gotta show this project some love too.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 01313_7oypsaOLyqq_600x450.jpg
    01313_7oypsaOLyqq_600x450.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back