31 chev 5 window

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I built a bracket to mount my cowl steering box and mounted my steering column I just need a joint to maker work lol then on to building the linkage for the outter steering parts.

Attachments

• steering wheel.jpg
    steering wheel.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 105
  • steering wheel 2.jpg
    steering wheel 2.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 97
  • supper.jpg
    supper.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 96
  • cowl steering box 1.jpg
    cowl steering box 1.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 100
I got one piece of my floor in tonight and my steering joint installed, cowl hole is cut and ready for a shaft

Attachments

• rear window lower pannel.jpg
    rear window lower pannel.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 66
  • steering joint.jpg
    steering joint.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 64
G it sure is interesting how the sun of summer pulls me out of the hibernation project and wanting to do outside stuff rather than be in the garage. I have to sell a few other cars and toys now before my ol chev can continue. :(

I see where you're coming from. I'm in the same situation. Now that its nice and warm outside, lots of yard work to do. Our Saskatchewan summers here are very short, so I'll be back in the shop in no time.
I'll be watching for your build to get going again!!

My son was workin with me last weekend. Got some taillights installed I think they are 50 ford not sure?? Bought some 16 gauge sheet metal to get going on the floor.

Attachments

• Everett  1.jpg
    Everett 1.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 72
  • rat rod tail lights.jpg
    rat rod tail lights.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 78
I'm workin on my sheet metal interior, does anyone sheet the whole inside? or as high as the seats/window channels on the back part of these cars? Also anyone have a good source of the roll back canvass roofs?
Thanks Mike

drivers floor done, moved engine ahead 4 inches and re-mounted rad shroud.
Yahoo!!

Attachments

• floor  7.jpg
    floor 7.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 38
  • rat rod engine move 2.jpg
    rat rod engine move 2.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 42
  • rat rod engine move 3.jpg
    rat rod engine move 3.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 38

Latest posts