1930 Model A truck build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working on truck this weekend can't seem to make front end work. Grill reworked and head lights, can't stand the look. Radiator to close to motor and front end. Going to cut front end off and start over.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 69
A truck

Busy on truck, after looking at front end what was really need was more room for grill so I made longer batwing brackets to move front end out 3/4 of an inch. This made more room for new grill.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 40
A truck

New grill is a 28 29 style grill narrowed 1 inch and chopped about 2.5 inches. Made grill insert using suspended celing grating from Home Depot, I've used this on a few model a fords. This idea comes from the book how to build a t bucket on a budget, and it works great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 39
Next big problem area was back of cab worked on straighting rear panel for a couple of days nothing worked. Decided to cut back of cab out and flanged edge all the way around then made new panel to fill hole this was a days work and it is all behind bed. Problem solved.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 56
Worked on bed made side panel and rear rolled pan with louvers. More work on tail gate soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 44
Truck is looking good. I think you are on the right track with the grille. Looks like the lights need to go down about 1 inch or so, forward about 3 inches and in toward the grille about 1 1/2 inches. Just my $.02

Next big problem area was back of cab worked on straighting rear panel for a couple of days nothing worked. Decided to cut back of cab out and flanged edge all the way around then made new panel to fill hole this was a days work and it is all behind bed. Problem solved.

Problem solved....I'll say[cl[cl

Howdy ! Beautiful job !! But ? I've seen seats like yours on other threads. I just can't see a big guy like me getting my tail end over the side of the seat ? Is there something I'm missing ?
To me it looks I like it could be painful.. :)

Howdy ! Beautiful job !! But ? I've seen seats like yours on other threads. I just can't see a big guy like me getting my tail end over the side of the seat ? Is there something I'm missing ?
To me it looks I like it could be painful.. :)
Yup. Bomber seats are way cool, but they are not for all of us.

Head light mount and new head light mock up this is what I will go with. As far as seats go this will not be a long distance cruiser and on the plus side I had them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 59
Update on truck in case you though I've been slacking off. Made exhaust, body working cab, painted frame made all brake lines, installed motor and fired it on Sunday.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 38
Also got clutch working lots of misc. other stuff may have to a break soon have other jobs (paying) that need to be done.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 45
Headlights are right on the mark
We did think you were slacking
Exhaust looks great and glad to here you fired it up. that makes two of us. I'm gonna drive my 33 this weekend.

In the shop

I was out in the shop this morning pressing some bushings in and thought wonder how many people use their drill press as a press. This works great on a lot of small jobs. I've had this press over 25 years and it still works great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 33

Latest posts

Back