around the shop

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I am not delving to far into trade secrets, are the louvers punched or made on a bead roller.

Hmmm. The bead roller idea gives me a few things to think about. It wouldn't be easy, but it could be done, I think. [S

If I am not delving to far into trade secrets, are the louvers punched or made on a bead roller.

Hmmm. The bead roller idea gives me a few things to think about. It wouldn't be easy, but it could be done, I think. [S

as far a bead roller, i have never had much luck getting them to turn out well. these are not punched or rolled out. i used a reciprocating hammer. i have a Nibbler Jr which is kind of like a pull max but different. it shears and forms the louver all at once as you feed the material though

as far a bead roller, i have never had much luck getting them to turn out well.

Look up lazze metal shaping on YouTube. He modified a set of dies to cut and roll curved louvers but admits to it being very difficult. Good video either way. I can see the reciprocating hammer being able to do a curved one as well.

a little more progress on the Pope RPU got the correct front wheels back from the cleaner. painted and tires on

extended the stock running board to meet back up with the fender. added a few louvers to dress up the flat part

got the upper stantions chopped , welded and smoothed out

and got the inside of the bed truck bed lined

been a while since i updated this thread. been busy working on the Pope Rpu, and some late model OT sheet metal repairs. the things you have to do to make money lol.
here are some of the other on topic projects going on right now. a couple years ago i did the aluminum interior work for the larkness monster studebaker. he is doing some drive train changes and decided he wanted a new fire wall and trans tunnel to make tuning a little easier. he brought it with the fire wall already cut out. so i made some flanges to help strengthen the body back up. then hammered out another flange to attach the new fire wall to, i figured adding a double flanged area would give the front of the body a lot more strength and a factory look. we also dimpled this flange for something other than flat steel. the backs of the holes will be covered to pass tech.

then we started to make the new fire wall itself. dished way back since the engine is set back. wanted to a shaped firewall to keep it clean looking. it will all be tig welded together and metal finished out

more metal work on this 38 ford truck. working on more of the fire wall sheet metal and floor

hand made some military seats for a customer. hand formed, hand wire edged. matched the original pretty close

did a little work on my buddies 29 A truck

and have been working on some small parts design

also been working on the Pope RPU, blown apart for paint and final assembly. i will update that thread later tonight

been working on some custom sheet metal work on the OT C10. this hood was stretched, pancaked, and reshaped on the front. also added some custom indentations. tig welded up and metal finishing them out. so far i only have the passenger side mostly done, but am working my way around.

made some progress on the studebaker fire wall

made some display stantions for bob hilton for his and ross racings display at detroiy

made a display for the Pope RPU too

and finally getting back on the Minges coupe. getting ready to get all the parts ready to head the chrome and paint shop

plated the steering arm to give it more strength and some style ( these plates are available for sale fort any one intersted)

and had some local Vocational students over today for some job shadowing and metal working demos. so i taught them how to make s speed blister

You going to be at the autorama?

Nice work as always...wondering if you were planning to go to the Autorama that weekend.....?

Excellent....look forward to saying hello...

Trying to get there on Sat afternoon....so hope we can shake hands....you still amaze me with your skills....wow..

Latest posts

Back