"A" '28 '29 Tudor Sedan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great to hear Buddy!

All seems to be running fine? I say run it until it fails. Might have done some damage... but move forward with the build! Maybe next winter rebuild the engine yourself if you need to... or if you decide you want to. Until then... "Shotgun!!!"

Great to hear Buddy!

All seems to be running fine? I say run it until it fails. Might have done some damage... but move forward with the build! Maybe next winter rebuild the engine yourself if you need to... or if you decide you want to. Until then... "Shotgun!!!"

As far as I can tell, it's all good! I'm no expert though! Running it as is, is exactly what I'll do. And you can have "Shotgun"!! I can't think of anyone better to be in that seat, if the engine fails!! :D

Awesome, nothing like that first time around the block or wherever you go. It seems like everyone I know has transmission gremlins on a new build. When I got mine running it would puke out all over the floor at night. Ended up being the dipstick gasket.

Thank you all!! Yes...what a feeling!!

I pulled the body off and pulled the tranny today! I'm no expert, but everything looks fine at first glance. Not sure what else I can do, other than rebuild it. Not to keen on that, at this point. I wonder if a poorly adjusted TV cable could be the problem?

Did some research, and figured out, the rod on the shift sector needs to accuate the plunger. My shift sector had worked its way outboard, and no longer moved the plunger.

This is what it should look like:

Made it the way its supposed to be , then bolted the tranny back up, fired it, and I HAVE REVERSE!![cl Ran it for about 20 minutes, shifting through the gears, and revving the engine. No leaks...fingers crossed.

Waiting on the new Lokar kickdown cable to arrive, then I'll reassemble the car!

New Lokar, kickdown cable installed. I Think I have the tranny mostly dialed in.

I thought my oil pan drain plug was leaking, so I bout a new one, but it didn't fix the leak. Turns out there was a pinhole leak in the pan where somebody had brazed new threads in. I tried spot welding it, but the brass was not allowing a clean weld.

I pulled the engine today, to install the new pan, but I ordered the wrong one. Re-ordered a new one. Hopefully reassembly will begin in the next few days!

That white plastic piece is a plug put in the dipstick hole at the factory. When they push the dipstick tube in, it forces the plug into the pan. Since you found it still there, your trans pan has probably never been off since the trans was built new.

∆∆

Interesting, thanks for the info! I feel better about not putting it back in. It has been in the back of my mind. Nice knowing I definitely don't need it.

Now that I'm on the home stretch, I've had a bunch of dumb, unforeseen, setbacks. Long story short, I replaced the transmission, starter, battery, starter solenoid, oil pan, I'm sure there's more, all within the past 2 months.

I did manage to make some headway though! The dash and interior are coming together, and it's got functioning lights. It's now fairly roadworthy, I put around 40-50 miles on her today.

Brakes need bled
Can't find OD
Cooling system needs help

Other than that, it functions like it should!![cl

RPM gauge will be moved once I get the Voltmeter. Not sure of its final location at this point.

And some poser shots

Last edited:
Thank you all!!

The weather has been great, and I've been daily driving it for the past five days. WHAT A FEELING!!

Got the cooling system dialed in, but still don't have OD! I messed with the TV cable a bit, but no luck yet!

Latest posts

Back