31 chev 5 window

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started my body frame work with 1x1 tubing

Attachments

• body frame 1.jpg
    body frame 1.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 58
Here is the work on the c notch still need more pieces to finish......I wish I had a big lay down band saw at home :mad: have to wait to cut pieces at work. Should be mocking up rear end soon.[cl

Attachments

• rear notch 1.jpg
    rear notch 1.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 84
  • rear notch 2.jpg
    rear notch 2.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 90
  • rear notch 3.jpg
    rear notch 3.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 93
here is some rear mount shots for my jag rear end and frame section
now just waiting on disc brake parts to get it on the wheels:D

Attachments

• jag rear end 6.jpg
    jag rear end 6.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 90
  • jag rear end 7.jpg
    jag rear end 7.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 85
  • jag rear end 8.jpg
    jag rear end 8.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 81
Hey there, really nice build I like the plans that you have for it.

I have a suggestion, in post #28 you show your shackles bolted up. I notice that the bolt is grade 5 I'd recommend using at least grade 8 hardware as it's much stronger. Then again that hardware could just be for mocking up so my suggestion is pointless. Anyhow good looking build and keep up the good work.

-Chris

Hey those are old pictures, I changed the design and the shackels are almost straight with no load. I will update pics with my front disc setup.

Hey there, really nice build I like the plans that you have for it.

I have a suggestion, in post #28 you show your shackles bolted up. I notice that the bolt is grade 5 I'd recommend using at least grade 8 hardware as it's much stronger. Then again that hardware could just be for mocking up so my suggestion is pointless. Anyhow good looking build and keep up the good work.

-Chris

I got my discs kit installed yay!! started on my hair pin front suspension, tak welded rear mounts and..... on we go

Attachments

• disc brakes 1.jpg
    disc brakes 1.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 101
  • hair pin 1.jpg
    hair pin 1.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 94
  • hair pin 2.jpg
    hair pin 2.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 92
Hey guys I will check I got some wheels (no not the ones I'm using lol) on the frame and they look higher up now on the ground

Attachments

• frame 6.jpg
    frame 6.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 81
  • frame 9.jpg
    frame 9.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 71
Here is a pic of my brake set up and some of the frame boxing from this weekend

Attachments

• front disc 2.jpg
    front disc 2.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 68
  • frame boxing 1.jpg
    frame boxing 1.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 53
  • frame boxing 3.jpg
    frame boxing 3.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 54
The purpose of the hammering is to relax the metal after shrinkage from the heat. Plus with gas welding the weld it's self stays malable longer so you are also flattening the weld as well. Makes for less grinding.
Can't say that hammering flattens the Mig weld but it does help to relax the metal.
Jump around. Take your time. Even with hammering there may still be some warpage. And unless you are planning to only metal finish your roof you will be fine. Your chop is looking great. Nice fit.
Torchie.

I have been wondering this[S.... thanks Torchie!

Latest posts

Back