47 Dodge Rat… Budget Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having done the S-10 frame swap and owning a V-8 S-10, I don't think those mounts will work for you if you plan to put them in the "stock" location. For the S-10 V8 you need to move the engine forward and I think you'll need to move yours back. I'm interested to see how they work for you though.

This is going to be a cool truck!

My brother had a '39 Dodge on an S-10 frame.
Will they go on backwards? Like switch sides.
For my 38 Ford PU, I used stock motor mounts, and had to trim the ears off of the center part to slide the engine just about a half inch or so forward to keep from having to get the drive shaft cut. I could have moved the engine back about 4 inches otherwise. It all depends on where the fender openings sit. The old iron generally has to sit further back on the frame.

mounts

Thanks for the input guys…:)
I'll be checking it all out this weekend:confused:, so there will be an update early this next week...:cool:

update

Today I pulled the front accessories, starter, and exhaust manifolds, as well as the 5 Speed manual trans…;) When I bought the motor and trans, the guy told me that it had a fairly new clutch, which it did, so that encourages me as to the condition of the motor…[cl

I also picked up my gas tank, which I've bartered for… it is an 18 gallon unit from a boat… the gauge is in the top of the tank...
Here are some pics from today...

Attachments

• IMG_1077.jpg
    IMG_1077.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1079.jpg
    IMG_1079.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1085.JPG
    IMG_1085.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1089.JPG