Marking wires when building a rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acourtjester

HI
Here is something I have used many time that may help others.
When making up the wiring on my Rods I use word to make the names for the wires. And before attaching the end connecters I cut the names info small strips and wrap them around the wire and cover them with heat shrink tubing.
this gives you a lable on the ends where they are connected. If you disconnect them it helps when you reconnect them. Also when using a terminal strip I put a lable for each wire next to the strip and seal it with clear nail polish. This is shown in the second picture under the wires.
The picture shows my air bag control switches.

Have fun
tom

Attachments

• airbag wiring switches (2).jpg
    airbag wiring switches (2).jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 276
  • air bag wiring (4) A.jpg
    air bag wiring (4) A.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 249
Great idea. I have always done my own wiring from scratch, but have recently started using a bought kit. I love the way each wire is printed with it's destination all the way down the length. No more temporarily putting masking tape with writing on them, and down the road repairing problems is so much easier.

I like the way you did yours though.

Don

Nice work and a good idea! I have a welding supplier that will give me red or black 00 cable with my shop name on it every foot. I use it for battery cables from the trunk.[cl

Latest posts

Back