'31 Fordor

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

314WD

Hi all,
Nice to be around the Rats......I've got a stock '31 Fordor, but has fiberglass fenders/running boards. As I will never sell this car, (it was the last car I ever rode in with my late Uncle Jim) I want to do it my way. The drivetrain was tight, he got it running with a few tickles. I'm not a resto type, I prefer to chop 'em and drop 'em. My SON wants to make it a 4WD, I have to admit, I've never seen any around Virginia. Have an '87 K10 Blazer, rebuilt diffs (Detroit Locker rear), what do ya think? Not ridiculously high, we were thinking of a nice lift with '35's. Streetable, yet off roadable. I'm one that likes to do things different than anyone else, anyone can build a trailer queen with enough money. Comments, suggestions??
As I will not be using many of the stock parts, anyone need to buy/swap/trade? I'm also an uphlosterer/body/paint man for the last 43 years.

Hope to meet you all!!!!

-Ron

welcome

pics [S

l have seen a 1966 el camino, a 1964 2 door rambler and some forty's stuff 4 X 4'ed but nothing as old as the 1931. l think it would be cool if done VERY tastfullly & not over the top on doo-dads and
crap hang off of it.

Later:cool:

Welcome to RRR!

Something that looks like this?:
attachment.php

(it's only 2WD though)

Attachments

• IMGP6161.jpg
    IMGP6161.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 17

Latest posts

Back