What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drove the Vettester around the block finally. Made it back to the garage to fix leaks and either my P/S is not working or the ujoints in the steering column for the center steer are angled too much. This thing will be more fun on the highway i think. From where i sit i can see the clear distributer cap. The rotor goes round and round, round and .............

Pix? :D

I didn't get anything significant done, but I picked up a set of cut to fit ignition wires for the rpu project and got those installed. Before I did that I put the preluber on the engine, filled it with Lucas Hot Rod and Classic Car oil, and got the engine nice and oily inside.

This weekend coming, I am going to finally pull off the body and start doing body work. The months are slipping by quickly, and if I want to drive this thing to Daytona in November, I better get moving. Since I am not going nuts on making the body perfect, I should have a chance to make it.

Pretty much all I need to fire it up is to have a radiator built and also a driveshaft.

Don

My friends pony's should be happy, 50+ bags of saw dust for the stables

Tried my hand at milling some base boards today...pretty happy with the way
they turned out...still a long ways to go though

When I started this project I was given a quote of 10k plus just
for the trim I needed to finish soooooo..... being the tight wad I
am ...... (I'm beginning to see why it cost so much:eek:)

any of you wood working guys out there that have any advice, I would
gladly welcome it.......thanks for looking in......

When I started this project I was given a quote of 10k plus just
for the trim I needed to finish soooooo..... being the tight wad I
am ...... (I'm beginning to see why it cost so much:eek:)

any of you wood working guys out there that have any advice, I would
gladly welcome it.......thanks for looking in......

I'm not much on wood-working but my advice would be to keep doing what you're doing. Looks awesome!

Woodwork is alot like painting...95% preparation...yours is looking good!

I'm still fumbling with my 83 C10. Longest motor/tranny swap I ever did....:rolleyes: Everything had to be modified. Brackets, brackets and more brackets...nothing from the I6 fit anywhere for the V8, so it's been lots of work. Have done alot of re-wiring too. The mental giant before me had no clue and I'm trying to make something reasonable out of it. New ignition switch and some straightening up under the dash. Need to cut a bunch of old wiring out of it but will wait until I get all the devices where I want them. I'm really simplifying the whole wiring harness and lots of extra stuff is leaving. Stripped the old bed floor today and will likely finish that tomorrow, then on to some painting. It rides nice, runs well, but I'm still feeling a little vibration that may be a pinion angle deal I'll look into.

Road Trip......

I drove 4396 miles to deliver the '48 Dually to it's new owner in Mehoopany, Pa. Met a couple of nice guys and invited them to join RRR and be a part of the fun and madness here. Here's a pic on John and his buddy who owns a nice Diamond T.

Found an Amish family in Ephrata Pa. that had Akita pups for sale and bought a new male traveling partner. Eight weeks old and 22 lbs.

Then I swung back by my sons place near Spearman Tx to pick up the '47 that my grandson used to take his sweety to prom.

Fun was had by all and I'm finally home after burning 300 gallons of diesel.

Attachments

• IMG_0456.jpg
    IMG_0456.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0459.jpg
    IMG_0459.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0457.jpg
    IMG_0457.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0461.jpg
    IMG_0461.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0467.jpg
    IMG_0467.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0500.jpg
    IMG_0500.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0499.jpg
    IMG_0499.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0501.jpg
    IMG_0501.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 22
Just a little over length....

By three feet. If I had a trailer 4 ft longer it would have simplified things.

Attachments

• IMG_0366.jpg
    IMG_0366.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0371.jpg
    IMG_0371.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0375.jpg
    IMG_0375.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 20
Trying to get my gas gauge to work.
Next up is the exhaust fan for the back of the ambulance and the surgery lights.
Find some 12v bulbs and a 12v motor for the fan
And trace the wiring that is buried under the insulation and siding in the ceiling

Well, we are mainly packing this weekend. Going to do our final walk through on our new (to us) home! I've been slacking and not been on this awesome board in way way too long, but I'm hoping to get more time here and there after we are settled in the new place.

Finally moving away from all the city BS, and out to the country where we don't have an HOA breathing down our neck, and all the dang traffic....
4 acres, a decent pole barn that will get some additions so I can put in a lift, a double depth 2 car garage which will be the wife's work shop in the back half, front half we will actually get to use for a garage to park cars! What a novel concept eh?

Finally got our closing dates, monday and tuesday next week... Been a long time coming, and now the work begins tuesday afternoon... lots of painting to do before we move in! Carpet, furniture, etc..

Still love this place, and I'll be a happy resident here once I have a little more free time! I have some things to finish up on the rat for sure... plan is to rewire it all how I want it, finish the rear sheet metal, add my hitch, and maybe re-do the front end a bit to get a different look, as well as upgrade the shocks...

Also found a car I have been looking for for a long time, still trying to sort out the details of getting it, and getting it here to Michigan... more to come once I have something solid sorted out...

We did our Spring house cleaning, carpets and all............boy, am I sore ! :eek:

I did get to help Don yesterday pull out the motor and trans on his Mustang GT. He has a new motor for it and is switching it from automatic to 5 speed. Nice part is, he is also changing out all his suspension and I get those parts for my Mustang ! :D

I love leftovers.

Don

Latest posts

Back