I'm Gonna Build A Dragster!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob, hope your feeling better these days. Doing a little work on the Anglia I see. Are you going to try the 2x2 plenum for the next race? When is the race?
If you do run the 2x2 plenum keep the tuneup a little on the fat side as those two 2100's & that plenum on the EFI intake header will move some air. Don't want to go lean at the top end. Good luck and let us know what's going on.

Next race is in 3 weeks at Brainerd following the national event. I'll leave the 4 barrel on to see how the converter performs in better weather conditions.. Changing one thing at a time. Should know maximum performance after that weekend. Will put the 2 by 2 on for the Fall Out sometime in Sept.

Best of luck in Brainerd[cl Are you going to drive or is Dave?[S
If Dave makes a few passes have him get on that transbrake buttom so we can see what that convertor can do.

I know where your coming from on one change at a time, hope you can tune up that 4bbl a bit so it is pulling hard and hitting that convertor like it should.

Hopeing the Bullet has a 10.99 - 11.10 or better in it. :D:D:D

Hopeing better weather conditions for this race, take it easy, don't overdo.

Well Bob, can't keep track of your race dates. You may be at Brainerd this weekend, not sure. Post some stuff on your dragster thread when you have time.

I had to have an ablation done to my right leg last Wed to repair some veins that are leaking blood through the wall into my skin. I had this done two years ago for the same reason, different area. This time they inserted a very fine wire with a camera & an injector in my vein to super glue or maybe Gorilla glue & block the bad section. Done as an out patint in my Dr. surgery center. Should be back to my "old wore out self" in a week or so. How you been doing?

Nice to hear from you, Tom. We ran at Brainerd 3 weeks ago. Still down on MPH. Made 6 runs with a best of 11.45 without the trans brake. Dave couldn't reach the button. The weather was perfect and I expected it to go better. The car bogged off the line slightly. Here's a pic of Dave coming up to the line. I made a new shift knob and mounted the trans brake switch to the side of it. We run in 2 weeks and I hope to have the 2 carb set up (pictured) on it and checked out with some driveway trials.
We are fortunate that medical science is taking care of our physical breakdowns. Glad you're on the mend. I've got no major ailments at the moment. Just feeling the 78 years of living and the wear and tear my body has accumulated. Funny, I was just thinking about you today.

Attachments

• SSFR19 023.jpg
    SSFR19 023.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 54
  • intake 001.jpg
    intake 001.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 52
Ya Bob, glad to hear you are feeling better. Sounds like the new shifter setup will work out good for the trans brake switch. Was just thinking about what you said on the car bogging on the start. I was going through some Holley stuff the other day that said if you remove the power valve from a 4bbl carb you should install a PV blockoff & increase the main jet two (2) sizes on a race motor. This might be where your bog is coming from. Then again it may be that you are not up on the 3500 stall the convertor was make for. The guys that built this one know exactly what stall you should be leaving at. A real fine race convertor only works like it was built for when you leave at the built stall. I'm sure You & Dave will get it worked out & driveway tested before the race. Like I said before once you use a trans brake you will love the new performance leave.

Don't get me wrong, as I want to see that 2x2 EFI Plenum on that 300 as much as you do. Hope you get the bugs worked out. Thanks for the good word, getting better each day.

Driver Dave along with my pitiful pit crew, which consists of Jerry and me put the two carb set up on the dragster today. Did a little trimming for firewall clearance and stopped some minor fuel leaks at fittings that weren't quite tight enough. After a couple hours of telling stories and an hour's work, it started on the first try. I think it sounded even more intense than it does with the 4 barrel on it. And the off idle stumble was gone.This is a far cry from my first attempt on this manifold last September when it would barely run. The smaller plenum seems to be the answer.
It's been raining for three days so some driveway hits weren't possible.

Attachments

• intake on 001.jpg
    intake on 001.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Well Bob that is what I have been waiting to hear sense I sent you the EFI header. The setup looks great and glad the carbs work on the smaller plenum.
Hope you get some better weather so you can driveway test the 2x2 setup along with the trans brake button location. I really see a 10.99 or better with the new convertor & 2x2. Sure after all the time & fabrication you put into the 2x2 plenum you are a happy camper, way to go. Now tell Dave to get on that transbrake hard & put the Bullet in the 10's, I know he will. The 60' times & ET are going to be so much better leaving at 3500 rpm. Congratulation to all three of you and good racing.

Tom, I've actually been reluctant to try it. Don't want any bad news. But, today I put a set of extended reach spark plugs in it and turned it over. Nothing hit. Picked up some race gas and made my special blend. Tomorrow I'll give it a shot in the driveway after the neighbors go to work. Thursday we load up for racing Friday and Saturday. Supposed to have rain Friday morning.

I'll be very disappointed if there isn't a significant improvement.

Ya Bob I know what you mean but it ain't going to do it by it's self. ;)

You or Dave has to push it hard to get ever thing working together. :eek:

I know Dave can drive it hard, transbrake switch or hard, hard foot braking as he needs to be up on the 3500 stall at the leave. Positive thinking, it will all be good. If you leave at less than 3500 your leaving a full second on the table that you will not get back.[cl[cl[cl

Hope the weather is good ;) Positive thinking 10.99 or better. [dr:cool:

Latest posts

Back