"Beat to Fit" in Walla Walla, Washington

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beattofit

I moved to Walla Walla in April 2009. I have been moving around with my wife and two daughters since 2004. That means seven years without a garage. I realized when I was filling out the user CP form that although I love to use hand tools, I have been collecting them and MOVING them... in boxes... for years.

I work in Public Works. I have been in Streets, Engineering, Administration and currently I am the Water Distribution Division Supervisor for the City of Walla Walla, Washington. I plumb on the side and I first certified in welding in 1996.

My current project is just readying my garage for use. Electrical, insulation, wallboard and I currently stripped the interior of a downtown store that had 86' of 13' long rough cut (11" to 15" wide) cedar to use as siding. I should be able to make my metal pole building look like an old barn with that much cedar.

I have a 51 international 1/2 ton which will be my first Rat Rod project. I also have a 1976 Pontiac doner car for running gear. I am sitting on two model AA trucks, a 1928 and a 1929. I am not sure what these will become yet. I was not planning on purchasing them but they were in such good shape.

I will post some pictures eventually.

Last edited:
Funny how that good stuff migrates to the right owner, given time. Good luck with the garage, and post up pictures of your junk when you can.
Welcome to the site.

Welcome from Baker City, OR. I occasionally work in Walla Walla as a copier repairman. Good luck with your projects. If you are a fisherman you are real close to good steelhead and salmon fishing. Also we love pics here.

Welcome. Walla Walla is one of my favorite places. I visit as often as I can. If you haven't already discovered it and like old time diners check out Tommy's Dutch lunch. Greasy spoon at its best.

Welcome, looking forward to pics of the International and the garage. [P

Damn, I’ve been without a garage for 14 years now!!! :mad:

Just glad my son has one. ;)

Welcome!!!

Welcome to the forum... glad u found us! Make u're self @ home & feel free 2 join rat in! :D

BoB

Latest posts

Back