Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Builds!

Builds! Post your project here... show us what you're up to! Please Note: This section is for "Builds" ONLY!

Old 01-30-2015, 04:14 PM
Crusty Rusty Old Rat Rodder!

Very sweet little ride!
Old 01-30-2015, 04:27 PM
''Rusty Mopar Slacker''

SWEET!!! Nice work.

'47 DODGE SHOP TRUCK

48 DODGE Pilot House Rat

MIND OVER METAL
SO LITTLE MIND IT DON'T MATTER
Old 01-31-2015, 09:36 AM

Will you have room for the radiator and fan with the stock hood and grill?Is the firewall modified to move things back?
Old 02-03-2015, 01:44 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

I didn't modify the firewall other than the tunnel area to fit the trans. I cut the stock shroud that was part of the grill down as far as possible for the first stage of the build and I now have plenty of room for the radiator up front. I'm running an electric pusher fan that sits inside the grill. There are no mods to the hood. I'm not running fenders but they would fit with some tweaking of the inners if I weren't going with the lake headers. Since I'm running the lakes, there is no way I could put the fenders back on it though.

I started cleaning up the 8.8 rear end that I got for it and found out that it is a piece of junk! I was pretty annoyed by that. My budget is tight on this build and that sets me back a ways. Oh well, I guess you win some and lose some right? Now I either need to find another one or buy a used posi unit/carrier for it and learn how to rebuild a rear end. Seems like it's always something extra this time around.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:47 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

I finished up my headers. My welds look kinda crappy but they'll do. I just barely have clearance around my steering shaft but I think it will work just fine. I need to take the boot of the collapsible joint since it will just melt if I don't.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:49 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

I also built and alternator bracket and a battery tray. I'll mount the battery up under the bed inside the frame rail for now. It's pretty well protected there and hidden. The downside is that it's a pain in the butt to get at but I'll just have to deal with that...

Old 02-09-2015, 12:39 PM
He's not done yet...

Well I think the turnbuckle alternator adjuster is pretty cool as long as those jam nuts stay tight!!!!

My 41 Dodge
OldWing
YZ125 Barstool
The Lambretta LI125 "Original Ganster"
Bertha '54 Chevy 210
Home Away From Home "The Teardrop"
Old 02-09-2015, 12:49 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

I guess that I will find out LOL. I need to make up some sleeves to go inside the eyes still but I figured its worth a shot.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:12 PM
The Rat Captain

Thumbs up

I've run that set up a few times, always worked great. Ever thing is.looking good
Old 02-12-2015, 10:29 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

I got my alternator fully installed now and also mounted my battery tray. Now it's on to wiring. Hopefully that will go fairly smoothly although it is a bit confusing sorting through wiring diagrams that tent to contradict each other for the ignition and charging circuits.

I also managed to find another 8.8 posi rear end locally for a reasonable price. I'll go get it hopefully tomorrow. This time, I'm popping the cover off of it before I bring it home though!