Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Builds!

Builds! Post your project here... show us what you're up to! Please Note: This section is for "Builds" ONLY!

Old 04-03-2015, 10:18 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee Transplant View Post
Hey I might want to put one of these on my future rat
Its always good to warm up the tires a little before leaving the drive-in.

The thing about a '39 Ford pick-up is that that ugly grille kinda' grows on ya' after a while.

Not taking anything too seriously.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:37 PM
The Rat Captain

Cool Being on the thrifty side

I've been doing controlled burn outs for some time.
I just go to the hardware store and get a quarter turn valve and plumb it into the rear brake with it under the dash, works like a dream for about a buck 99.

Link to the first one with the sprint and it's just a little 305 in a heavy truck
http://vid1054.photobucket.com/album...psze4yqimu.mp4

It the little handle under the cruise control

But what ever works for you, it's just fun and safe
Old 04-05-2015, 11:01 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

I thought about the valve for the line lock but decided that I didn't want to deal with the extra plumbing! I'll use a lighted missile switch for it I think so that it very obvious when it's on. Not 100% on that yet but that's what I'm thinking.

On a different note, what do you guys think of wrapping my headers with header wrap? I stuffed my headers back on last night and it seems like I either need to wrap them or build a number of heat shields. I personally kinda like the look of header wrap but I'm wondering if any of the stories of it destroying your headers are true. Thoughts? Also I feel like the wrap might help with noise a little...
Old 04-05-2015, 11:22 AM
He recycles the right way

I'm kinda curious about the noise (and fumes) with those headers too. The outlet is pretty high. How long until you go for your first drive?

They look cool as hell though....

My 48 chevy flatbed http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=604

The Roofus Special http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthr...ghlight=roofus
Old 04-05-2015, 02:34 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Ya, they are pretty high and sloped up a bit. I'm a little nervous about they fumes in particular. We'll see how it goes... I'm pretty sure I'm at least going to put some turnouts on them. I'm not sure when I'll get it on the road yet. I'm hoping that I can have it driving sometime in may though.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:47 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

I'm picking away at smaller stuff now. I have a long todo list but at least most of it is small stuff so I can often cross off a few things a night...

I have my drive shaft in, more wiring changes done, my headers back on and a few other little things done.

Now I'm on to mounting my radiator. I bought an American Eagle aluminum radiator for it. Seems like a pretty nice radiator for the price. My buddy has one in his car and likes it so I figured I would give it a try too. I got it mocked up and the mounts tacked last night but found a few issues with my placement right when it was time to quit for the night so hopefully I'll get it officially mounted up tonight. I'll run my electric fan as a pusher. Hopefully it will have enough air flow. It the same one I used for the yota motor so we'll see....
Old 04-20-2015, 11:41 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

I have been working away since my last post. It's mostly been on random small stuff but I did get my radiator and fan mounted up. I will get the radiator plumbed hopefully tonight. I also came up with my plan for my air cleaner, at least for now. The pick show a double stacked 10 inch filter but I found a 10 x 3 that I will use and see how it goes with that.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:17 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

I finished up my gauge pod and got my gauges mounted in it this week. The pic isn't all that good but you get the idea. It's hard to tell but the gauges are mounted above the windshield where the sunvisor would be if I had one. I have a matching Dolphin gas gauge that I will put in later but I didn't feel like messing with swapping the sending unit in my stock Toyota gas tank so for now, I'm keeping the Toyota gas gauge that I pulled out of the cluster. The pod is set up for the Dolphin when I get around to doing that though.

I also found this cool old Trico clamp-on switch. I'm guessing it was for an after market windshield wiper or heater or something. Anyway, I'm using it for my line lock. I added a small LED to it so that I know if it's on.

Old 04-24-2015, 06:48 PM
He's rockin' the "Nuttin Special"!

Man, that's a cool old switch!!!
Old 04-24-2015, 08:43 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Ya it is. It's fun to find stuff like that and put it to a good use.