1930 Ford Woodie

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here she is out on the road going to the new owner. Headed to Fullerton, CA

Attachments

• 20200514_120806.jpg
    20200514_120806.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 29
So.. to recap. I got a frame from a guy for 100. Total mess. Cut the horns off and made a new frame. Used dimensions from old frame. S10 rear axle for 100. All the model A sheet metal was 400. The engine and trans were free from donor car. Cant remember how much the metal and wood were. But probably near 1000. The seats were free but upholstery was 400. real leather. Dash was 100. Gauges were 150. Gas tank was free out of an S10. Drop front axle was 200. Brakes were free. Wire wheels were 400 at a swap meet already powder coated. Tires were 400. I built the steering column out of copper pipe and bearings and an old steering shaft, about 50. Vega steering box was 100. Rear leaf spring was 40 chevy front springs, free. Exhaust was free from scrap. Electrical was 50. for fuse box. wires were 20. Headlights were free. The 32 grill shell and radiator were 500. Dropped light bar 100. So about 5000. in cash 2 years off and on. Sold it for 12,000. Great deal for me, great deal for the buyer and the cool thing is it goes to shows and gets seen. It would have just sat in my garage for years. I love the build and when they are done I rarely keep them. Some I wish I had but they are out there driving. I would also like to thank all those who commented and followed the thread. You really make the process more enjoyable and I learn a lot from you and your builds

It was nice following along on your build. And the build in my opinion id the most fun. You probably made $3.00/hour but what the heck. Having fun and making some money.

If you look at it as hobby. It's one that doesn't cost you anything.

If I get the money back I put into a project I'm satisfied. Not expecting to get anything for my labor.

The "On the road" pic looks great, docrock. The new owner is a lucky guy.

Real nice woody headed out to the coast [cl[cl[cl

Maybe new owner will pickup a wood rack and hang a couple of "long boards" on top. :):):)

I lost track of this build :eek: boy, you really put together a sharp looking ride and done on an amazingly tight budget [cl[cl
Something to be proud of for sure, you're obviously a shrewd shopper, wish I could come across deals like that on parts.
What's the next one going to be?

Latest posts

Back