Identifying axle

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

70Newport

Im trying to identify this axle. I believe it is an old chevy but could be way off. It is a parallel leaf axle. Any help wpuld be great.

Thanks!

Attachments

• EC9AE0BD-6C72-445A-B86F-02628C5431C2.jpg
    EC9AE0BD-6C72-445A-B86F-02628C5431C2.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 3B178080-F4E2-4E46-9771-BC5458B66550.jpg
    3B178080-F4E2-4E46-9771-BC5458B66550.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 53
That's the same axle I used in my Graham build. If you sift through the thread you can get an idea of how I did it, and if you have any questions I'd be glad to try and answer.

Thanks for this! I ended up actually sending in pictures to that site and they were able to identify my axle as a 48-52 ford axle. now to determine what to do!

I guess you already know it is from a pickup, not a passenger car, right ? Nothing wrong with that, they are just different in the way the spring(s) mount.

That's the same axle I used in my Graham build. If you sift through the thread you can get an idea of how I did it, and if you have any questions I'd be glad to try and answer.

Thank you for the response! I really like the brackets you made! much nicer design than the ones I had drawn up! what spring length did you use and what spring rate? I think I have abandoned the idea of air ride and am not sure what weight spring I should go with.

Thanks again for your time! Love your build!

Thanks Newport, and my apologies for not responding sooner. I guess I missed your question!

Anyway, I just used a Speedway T bucket spring, mono leaf. Right not it's 27" eye to eye, but that's with the weight of the car on it.

I think this is the one I used;

Forged Mono-Leaf T-Bucket Front Spring
Speedway Motors Logo Part # 91033034
$97.99
(1)
Universal Fit, Front Position, 26" Length Eye to Eye
Position: Front
Leaf Spring Eye Type: Reverse Eye
Length Eye to Eye: 26"
Leaf Spring Width: 1-3/4 Inch

Thanks Newport, and my apologies for not responding sooner. I guess I missed your question!

Anyway, I just used a Speedway T bucket spring, mono leaf. Right not it's 27" eye to eye, but that's with the weight of the car on it.

I think this is the one I used;

Speedway Motors Logo Part # 91033034
$97.99
(1)
Universal Fit, Front Position, 26" Length Eye to Eye
Position: Front
Leaf Spring Eye Type: Reverse Eye
Length Eye to Eye: 26"
Leaf Spring Width: 1-3/4 Inch

No worries I get how busy life is!

I am 100% copying you! ordered that same spring and a bunch of other little parts up this weekend. Do you have any other pics of your steering setup by any chance? also what disk brake kit did you go with or did you make that ?

Hey Newport, me again and late as usual.
I just ended up using the conversion kit from Speedway, I thought it was reasonable price and it included all the parts required - for example, something like this - just double check that you order the right kit for your year of axle, and what bolt pattern you want to end up with on your rotors.

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Disc...-to-Early-Ford-Spindle-5-on-4-3-4In,2006.html

Latest posts

Back