If your ever near Mountain Home AR....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotrod preacher

"Official RRR Chaplain"
wanted to tell ya'll about Spirit Industries in Mountain Home AR I had seen their ad in street rodder a while back and thought the next time i was thru there i was gonna look them up--well i did and was it worth it!! This place builds fiberglass bodies for T buckets, T roadsters, and now Model A's and not only do they build the body they can build the whole car, or sell you components for your "project" (front end kits, hairpins, coil overs, vega-style boxes, etc.-- even if its not one of their bodies)
when i walked in i was greeted and asked if they could help me, well i told them i was "just lookin" and even after that i was given a full tour of their operation and also a ride in one of their cars!! so, once again i encourage you to check them out Spiritcars.com or go visit them in person--pretty cool for a little town in Arkansas

BransonVacationAugust142008002.jpg

wow thats nice, may have to go check them out. There is suppose to be a place in imboden, i have never seen this place, that builds hotrods as well. Ive heard they do good enough work that some sale for 200 grand, again ive never seen this place.

Mtn home isnt that far from me, so ill have to take a drive and head that way.

yeah there is a place like that in imboden- Randall Tate is the guys name, and he works mostly by himself in a VERY nice shop just off the main drag about 2 blocks down by the tracks by the spring river. Met him once, tried to talk to him a couple of times but he seems to be "to busy for a guy like me" If you come from pocohontas down towards imboden as you cross the river bridge coming into town you can get a glimpse of his shop.

btw the guy has been diagnosed w/cancer and i was told its gonna get him eventually..
so the car show this year is supposed to have 30 of the rides he's built shown in a special section in his honor --no matter how he acts towards me truth is he's built some cool stuff w/ hi dollar budgets may be quite the show this year......

Spirit Industries - yes, what a great bunch of folks! Some of the best customer service you'll ever find anywhere!!! Very helpful and always quick to answer e-mail questions etc.. They build a fantastic T-bucket too although they do alot more than just T-buckets. Top quality in everything they turn out from all I've ever seen. I bet the tour was awesome! I'm planning on buying a 27 T BBC frame from them really soon myself. My sincere thanks to RRR's DMW56 for introducing me to Spirit Industries.

Thunder1

Just another plug for Spirit Industries. I didn't mention I bought their 27 T BBC frame. I special ordered it and they had no problem with that. I ordered it with no brackets attached all loose so I could put them where I needed.

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

Hey I recognize that frame! Mine is out back waiting to get some of the brackets cut off so I can put them where I want them. I'm really impressed with mine too. It's built right! One small issue though. I sure wish Spirit had listened when I ordered mine. The brackets were supposed to be left off too like DMW's, but their welder built it for a 27 BBC T-Bucket instead of plain. Needless to say, I wasn't too happy when I unwrapped it. However, it is for a rat rod and after thinking about it, I'm gonna use some of the existing brackets and go with a SBC V-8 instead of an Inline 6. Don't let what happened to me discourage you from buying a Spirit Frame for your rat rod. They build a great jig welded frame. Just be darn sure you tell them (make sure they hear you) that your NOT building a T-bucket so they will build it without all the brackets attached.

Thunder1

Last edited:
wanted to tell ya'll about Spirit Industries in Mountain Home AR I had seen their ad in street rodder a while back and thought the next time i was thru there i was gonna look them up--well i did and was it worth it!! This place builds fiberglass bodies for T buckets, T roadsters, and now Model A's and not only do they build the body they can build the whole car, or sell you components for your "project" (front end kits, hairpins, coil overs, vega-style boxes, etc.-- even if its not one of their bodies)
when i walked in i was greeted and asked if they could help me, well i told them i was "just lookin" and even after that i was given a full tour of their operation and also a ride in one of their cars!! so, once again i encourage you to check them out Spiritcars.com or go visit them in person--pretty cool for a little town in Arkansas

BransonVacationAugust142008002.jpg

Spitit Industries Has the BEST bunch you'll find ANYWHERE. Their service doesn't start when you walk in the door, they'll help you over the phone by e-mail or face to face at wal-mart. And it doesn't ever end you need advice on which product you need they'll point you right every time. Being from the T-Buckets I know them, and their Reputation as the finest in the industry.

Latest posts

Back