Photo hosting

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
Ok, I saw some threads on photobucket and hadn't been logged in there for quite a while and now I see they want $400 a year for third party hosting? What are a person's options? Is there still a free or low cost hosting site and how would a person transfer all the photobucket stuff without one by one moving 1000 images? thanks

"Once Bitten Twice Shy."

I haven't done it yet, but I'm going to copy all my Photobucket stuff to my own storage device. I have numerous albums on PB and the albums can be copied as a whole, rather than one image at a time... it'll still take some time and patience, but I don't want to disturb the existing location and links. (Like Sam posted, the links can be corrected so your previously posted images won't disappear!)

I'd think you could copy your albums to Flickr of Imgur, but I'm not going there, myself...

Go here: http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36559
A link for firefox and chrome so you can see pics already linked.

I downloaded my albums from Photobucket back to my computer. They came back as a zip file, so you have to have a program to unlock them.:rolleyes:
Some of the pics I had on there were several years old from cameras and computers I no longer have, the ones I had copies of on this computer I didn't worry with.

I opened a flickr account and have posted some new pics on it, but haven't had time to try and upload one of my albums yet, figure it will be slow going. Flickr is still free and allows hot linking.

I ran with Bama's link and I can see everything again.

Never used a 3rd party photo host. Couldn't see the point. I guess it is kind of like Facebook, though. If someone has a lot of pics to share, it's easier to put them somewhere they can point to rather than send them.

I do have a big backup drive though. :D

I can't claim credit for the link, I just found it one day reading the HAMB and decided to try it. It worked for me, so I shared it here.

I ran with Bama's link and I can see everything again.

Never used a 3rd party photo host. Couldn't see the point. I guess it is kind of like Facebook, though. If someone has a lot of pics to share, it's easier to put them somewhere they can point to rather than send them.

I do have a big backup drive though. :D

I store pictures there to save them from loss and plus I always liked when others use a host so you don't have to click every picture to see it full sized like you do when you just manage images here.

I store pictures there to save them from loss and plus I always liked when others use a host so you don't have to click every picture to see it full sized like you do when you just manage images here.

There is a way to post your photos here in large format. it's a little complicated till you have done it a few times but get easy.

Once you upload your photos to UDS click preview post, then click on the first thumbnail photo it will go full size. Right click on the photo and choose "save image address", either close the photo or back out.
Got back to the text portion of your post and start a new paragraph, In the row of icons above the text box choose the yellow square with the mountain scene, a box will pop up with a blue highlighted HTTP hit delete on it then paste your image address and enter. The address will appear in the new paragraph you just started, at the end of that address hit enter twice to allow space for your next photo then follow the same procedure.

I know it sounds complicated and is a little till you get onto it. hope this helps.

There is a way to post your photos here in large format. it's a little complicated till you have done it a few times but get easy.

Once you upload your photos to UDS click preview post, then click on the first thumbnail photo it will go full size. Right click on the photo and choose "save image address", either close the photo or back out.
Got back to the text portion of your post and start a new paragraph, In the row of icons above the text box choose the yellow square with the mountain scene, a box will pop up with a blue highlighted HTTP hit delete on it then paste your image address and enter. The address will appear in the new paragraph you just started, at the end of that address hit enter twice to allow space for your next photo then follow the same procedure.

I know it sounds complicated and is a little till you get onto it. hope this helps.

Or I could just go out in the garage and invent a time machine

Latest posts

Back