96 GMC rat build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It could always be worse. At least you`ve still got it. My Rambler that I stalled out on and sold, I just found it in a local JY recently. Talk about feeling bad, that ruined my whole morning.....

It could always be worse. At least you`ve still got it. My Rambler that I stalled out on and sold, I just found it in a local JY recently. Talk about feeling bad, that ruined my whole morning.....

That's probably why I will never sell a project car. Can't bare to think of what might become of it. Not to long ago I was walking through a yard and saw one of buddies old cars, the decals made it unmistakable..... There were a lot of fun times had in that car and he sold it to a guy thinking the guy was going to fix it up come to find out he just wanted the seats and a couple other things. Then he took the rest to scrap....

OK......painted the rear of the Cab and the Bed face

so I could get it mounted back on the chassis.....Not much but at least I did something constructive.....
I like the color.....it's satin green and from the upper bedline it will be satin black...so the upper cab and roof, hood, bed rails and fenders to the body line will be satin black and the lower half will be satin green....
Sorry I didn't get more done.....believe me.....I wanted to get much more done....

Attachments

• Bed color.....jpg
    Bed color.....jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 71
Kind of a Forest Green color when you're close..

I think it looks good in satin green, looks nice and flat to me.

Rustoleum called it Hunter Green....I think it's Forest Green....but it is a little flatter than I wanted....was looking for more of a Satin....oh well doesn't show anyway....and I'll lighten up on the flatting agent next time....

Yeah......thank God....!!!

Hallelujah!!! You're moving forward again!
a little is better than nothing.....

BobW.....the knee is about as good as it's gonna get.....not happy about it but guess that's how it goes.....still lets me know it's not right....but the linament helps and when it flares up I ice it then heat... Dr still insists it will get better.....guess i'll just have to wait and see....thanks for asking...

a little is better than nothing..... for sure.[cl

For that knee ever hear of bio freeze, I get some from my doctor every once in a while. Good stuff (icy/hot X100)

For that knee ever hear of bio freeze, I get some from my doctor every once in a while. Good stuff (icy/hot X100)

X2 on that. Just don't put it on and then slap an ice pack over it. You will give yourself a chemical frost bite!:eek:
I use it for my back when it is going sideways on me.

I like the color choice too![cl

I think that the Chiropractor has some of it....

a little is better than nothing..... for sure.[cl

I'll give it a try...although I have to admit the horse linament has been working pretty good....lol..but doesn't give a cold hot thing...mostly just seems to relieve the ache....staying off pills....no tylenol or motrin or whatever.....
appreicate the thoughts guys.....yep this weekend I have a ton planned...we'll see how it goes.....

Got to get into the barn.....

got the passenger door hung and the door frame tacked on and then....wife called and said the ABS light was on and the brakes "felt funny" and she could hear something making noise .....sensor ring broke off the right front cv shaft....went and got her gave her the truck and drove hers back. Pulled the half shaft and replaced the outboard cv joint which has the sensor ring pressed on.....so ended the work I got done on the thing....Sunday went to visit my daughter....so no progress Sunday....:( .....can't get a break....[S

Attachments

• Door hung window frame shot 2 2013.jpg
    Door hung window frame shot 2 2013.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 69
.....can't get a break....[S

I hear you there. I was busting along on the 50, got the darned flu, didn't work on it for a week, figured out we are -$67 per week on our bills with the wife not working, then wife gets a part time job (yeah!), then chief tells me we got approved for our speed and DWI grants. Sooo now I have 1 speed detail per week, 1 safe commute detail per month and 2 DWI details per month. That makes 1 week of 5 1/2 shifts, 2 weeks of 6 1/2 shifts and one of 7 shifts. So now we will have cash but no time to do anything with it! Argh!

Oh and the door is looking good![cl

I do understand that....

I hear you there. I was busting along on the 50, got the darned flu, didn't work on it for a week, figured out we are -$67 per week on our bills with the wife not working, then wife gets a part time job (yeah!), then chief tells me we got approved for our speed and DWI grants. Sooo now I have 1 speed detail per week, 1 safe commute detail per month and 2 DWI details per month. That makes 1 week of 5 1/2 shifts, 2 weeks of 6 1/2 shifts and one of 7 shifts. So now we will have cash but no time to do anything with it! Argh!

Oh and the door is looking good![cl

We've had a ton of grant money coming in from the Office of highway safety planning.....it was burning out the officers trying to fill all the shifts....We bowed out of the Seat belt grants and some of the others and now only work the mandatory dates for the OWI cars...got to be too much for a smaller agency to handle....plus all the requirements on training for the officers to work them...just too much....money is nice but not at the expense of any free time.....JMHO...but I'm old....er LOL

Latest posts

Back