The Bonehead Truck Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am thinking about a paint job this winter, I think that may be a bigger isssue than a name, but I am pretty open. Besides yours is a favorite of a lot of people, and it has a different name on each side.

Shoot, by now you know it is just not a paint job. I am thinking of a pretty wild look in the end. With any luck it should look like an old paint job, not a new one. RED!

Last edited:
I'm the last one that should have to tell you this....."BUT"

"You don't need paint , at all, for that truck to have a wild look" for the end result...

The point I am getting at is that the "Bonehead Truck" looks wild as is. My question is this, "Just what sort of *WILD* end result would you be going for any way"?

When I think of a truely B@D@$$ custum built truck there are 3 that come to mind (for me anyway) and they are:

The Bone web of yours

That custom that LuckyFastEddie built

The Aces & Eights truck

And they don't fall in that order, I put those 3 trucks on the same level of "BADNESS"

That is just my .02 worth

Thanks Flat Jeff please dont paint it ,if you do i will have to follow you. There used to be a rock group from Delawre called the delaware destroyers lead guy was George Thorogood. Drummers dad worked for me. One of their songs always comes to my mind when I look at your truck. BBBBBBBBAD TO the BONE. " Ladies and gentlemen presenting - Bad to The Bone - by BoneHead Customs." Now that has a nice ring to it dont it? LFE

I have always liked Thorogood! I crank him up loud in the shop and knock out all kinds of wicked metal work. The "Bad to the Bone" got so over used, I have even seen it on ricer cars. I like it plenty, but we have to come up with something a little less overdone....... like, "Ratzilla"!

Build another - build another - build another-

Your getting sleepy - your eyes are getting heavy -

build another - build another - build another

Now that you have the family here at RRR's full attention, you can take detailed pictures along the way. You have a good building style and I for one would love to watch it in detail. And besides, you've been hypnotized.:eek:

Build another - build another-----

Still under doctors orders not to bend, twist, or lift anything. But I am really getting the bug. That's why I was thinking paint. As soon as I get the Okay I am going to start a build. It will probably go alot slower, because this surgery, has really slowed me down. I know I will need to build back some muscle and a hot rod should be good physical, and mental therapy.

Also on the burner is my son's 50 Willys pickup build. It is going to be a big 4X4, but a build is a build. I only have a year and a half to get that one done, and I told him, I am not picking up a wrench unless he is right there. The idea is to go step by step with him on everything. He has missed little bits of the last two builds, because he got bored watching the slow parts. With TV these days condensing a build down to 1 hour, less commercials, he has the idea that a build is instant. So when I get to building a bracket, and am an hour into it with an hour to go, he is yawning.

Thanks, that front portion of the cab is pretty polished off now from wacking stuff. But that means there is less to wax, (ha). It has not really hurt anything yet, and is a little higher now with the new rear springs.

Last edited:
hotrod2.jpg

Latest posts

Back