The Bonehead Truck Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those headers..remind me

Of the days of the old funny cars..I grew up at Detroit Dragway through the 60s and 70s.Motor City Dragway too....MAN...am I old...I remember wrenching for a few guys back then.."The Bounty Hunter..Connie K." Thw Wally Brothers...Roger Lindamood...many so many guys came through that dragstrip.Terry Hendricks and the Seaton Super Shaker always has a place in my hear...MAN I LOVED that car....:D

Western CO is beautiful country. I love those mountains in the background.
Not really western, but we're going up to Durango for a long weekend in a couple of weeks.
I grew up in the flat lands of Oklahoma. Then I moved to the 11 thousand feet in the middle of the central Rockies. Moved from there to here, now I don't know how I would live without being able to look over at the mountains daily. Durango is a beautiful area, go up to Silverton if you get a chance.

Awesome build

Just got a chance to check out your thread after you helped me with the setup on mine. This is a Baaad boy. The love the way it's done. Hopefully I'll run into you on the trail somewhere.

I'll look for some pictures. But it is an angle iron frame, with flat auminium dropped in and screwed down. My brakes are under the floor so I made it where it is easy to take it up.

Bonehead, I just gotta mention this. I keep looking at your thread and seeing your posts around and everytime I see your truck picture I keep thinking about a picture that you posted of you and your wife sitting behind your truck, and I chuckle. Not about your wife, she's obviously beautiful. . . . It's your truck. Have you ever noticed that people tend to have a dog that looks like themselves? You built a truck that looks just like you. lol. The truck is cool, no doubt, but the headers are perfect. It looks like a mechanical version of you. I love it, nice job.

Thanks, I think.... hmmm, or may be not. Anyway, I know what you mean.

I mean it as a compliment. It's interesting to see someone do that. Match your ride. I was just wondering if that was on purpose or just an accident? Or even if anyone mentioned it before? If it helps any, they tell me to put a chrome top on mine.... :)

Yep, it is me alright.....
nasty-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back