Fuel bowl adjustment.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annoying Eric

Ok, Just rebuilt my twin 4160 that sit on top of a tunnel ram. Going todo my fuel bowl adjustment and i can set my needle and seats all the way down and i still have too much fuel out of the sight plug. Im pretty much leaning towards that the floats are bent a bit that wont let me get my adjustment perfect.

Any thoughts or ideas on something i might be missing. Its idling pretty decent and is real responsive. Definitely running rich on idle. Havent been able to drive it yet, pouring outside.

I checked all my floats and they are definitely not sinking. I did find a tiny piece of debri in my needle and seat, more then likely keeping it stuck open.

Couldn't set fuel level with engine running. Whole car rocks too much with the bags and the shocks werent in. I should be set now. They seem to be set really low though. On one of then I basically have about 1 thread showing out of the bowl.

Well i did have two bent floats. I pulled the floats, bent the tabs a bit and put it all back together and adjustment went perfect.

Latest posts

Back