dummy engine blockCa

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why such precision? you are just looking for where the big pieces are going to take up space?..as long as the heads have room , the back of the engine isn,t touching the firewall,and the steering has room to go around the exahust you should be good with a real engine:rolleyes:

On many of the builds I do that require a "mock up" motor the clearances are extremely tight. Sometimes the difference between building a header that works and doesn't touch anything is as close as an 1/8"[;)

I'm also curious 2.3.

I'd want exact proportions and dead-nuts accuracy. Not to criticize, just wondering how some sticks and cardboard can provide necessary precision...

I should have been more clear. I put the wood and cardboard concoction together at the beginning of my build to set basic proportions such as engine height, body and rad placement, wheelbase, etc. Once I had the frame and suspension together and was ready for drivetrain placement I found and used a bare block for all the precision measurements. Worked for me.

I should have been more clear. I put the wood and cardboard concoction together at the beginning of my build to set basic proportions such as engine height, body and rad placement, wheelbase, etc. Once I had the frame and suspension together and was ready for drivetrain placement I found and used a bare block for all the precision measurements. Worked for me.

that was my kind of idea also:)

that was my kind of idea also:)

I like this idea guys... hmmmmm [S... I shouldn't have taken that 305 with the two cracks in the water jest to the junk yard after all....

Latest posts

Back