Smallfoot's AA

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you sure it wasn't already in your drain pan. Looks big to have come out with the oil. Just thinking.

Good question and I considered that too. I don't think it'll fit thru the drain hole but when I drained the oil, I started with a clean catch pan. I drained it with the truck jacked up and didn't get all the oil out of it. When I got it on the engine stand, I dropped the pan and contents into the catch pan along with the filter. I wanted it all in the pan in order to check for metal pieces after seeing the cam. I'm kinda shaking my head now. Hesitant putting it together, but really can't determine that it even belongs to this one. As I get along with the re-assembly I'll see more parts better but until I get everything ready for that, it's staying together on the stand. Parts on the way...
Wish I could break loose and just put about 400 miles on the new motor. I've been through my routine doing errands that I couldn't do without a ride but only have a little over 100 miles on it. Running good....

Had to laff

This is the 305 motor from the 31 and it's going in the c10. Never found a place where the metal chunk belonged. Got a new cam, lifters,springs, push rods,etc. Put the motor in one of the rooms in my barn which is pretty clean to put it back together. Got so carried away I put so much stuff back on it that I couldn't get it back out of the room without taking the door out....jeese...:rolleyes:
I'll have it on the road tomorrow.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 102_0033.jpg
    102_0033.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 102_0034.jpg
    102_0034.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 47
I sacrificed a rusty old 39 Ford hubcap to the weather gods. Hopefully, they will see fit to spare you and your neighbors from too much grief. :D

The eye is hitting shore close to Panama City. That is up on the panhandle some ways from here. I didn't even know there was a hurricane close until Kenny mentioned the weather. By the time I watched the tv, the eye was about even with me but due west about 200 miles and out in the gulf. I'm doing the same thing I do with any other storm around here. Working doing whatever I do...:D I've got gas. I've got diesel. Chainsaws, tractor and chains and most other stuff to make a few days of maybe a little more primitive living. Hear tell there's even 3 or 4 working generators on site. I just don't get too excited. It's about 1;30 pm here now and I'm up at the house getting something to eat and drink. Most everything is hooked up. Adding fluids next. I'll fire the truck up this afternoon. Been going slow and catching little stuff I wanted to improve on as I go. This should go really well because of that.

I understand it's powerful but small.

What more could you want? A hot rod, a truck, a tractor, some generators, probably a few firearms, food in the larder, etc.

Sounds like you're more that ready for anything Ma Nature throws at you.

Thanks for the care guys! I'm doing ok. Guess it wasn't gonna be the day today. Had a bud supposed to come by so I could do some welding and he never showed. I piddled around doing stuff so that I wasn't fully involved if he was gonna stop by, you know what I mean...
Finally thought about noon I'd go ahead with the motor deal. Got everything done on it. Had everything set to fire it up. Fired right up and shut right off. OK, dribbled a little gas down the throat and fired it again. Fired right up and shut right down. Got some gas in the filter but not full like it does after turning over several times. I'm thinking no pump. Pulled fuel line between pump and carb-no pulse. Pulled line from tank to pump and sent a blast of air back toward to the tank-no blockage there. Tired, so left it to stew awhile. I'll pick up a new pump in the am....

Latest posts

Back