Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those pieces are fitting together well. You are a true customizer.

Thanks for the comments gang.:)
There was a point in time back in the latter half of the 70's that I had the idea that i would open a custom shop, bob. I was working full time in the body shops. I realized though that the custom car part of the hobby was really becoming a thing of the past. I'm really happy to see that there are many new ones being built today.

Moving forward....
When I trimmed the excess metal from around the top of the rear window frame it caused the center to flatten out slightly. Just enough that the two pieces of metal still over lap slightly. I will have to push that part of the roof back up to get them to butt. Pushing that area back into place will also narrow the gaps around the corners as well.

Torchie

Attachments

• 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5265.jpg
    IMG_5265.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 26
The rest of todays progress.

I got the roof pushed back up where it belonged and finished tacking the upper rear window frame in.
To make it easier to reach I also removed the trunk lid(Again) as well as the rerar window glass. Now I can stand in the trunk and reach in thru the window opening ot weld. Hammer and dolly. And grind.
Next comes the [;) [;) [;) [;) Part.:eek:
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I've decided that photoshop is truly the "Devils playground.":eek:
Our Friend Rik Hoving from the Custom Car Chronicle site sent me this before and afte Photoshop showing what the Dodge will look like with a 2-1/2" section.
I was thinking 3 but he based it on the width of the tape that I had laid out to show someone one possible cut route.
It really gets the juices flowing.:cool::D[cl
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-1-2.jpg
    2-1-2.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 28
  • vzrikjuano2emhgtq5sxg1enovmlbh4w.jpg
    vzrikjuano2emhgtq5sxg1enovmlbh4w.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 97
I've decided that photoshop is truly the "Devils playground.":eek:
Our Friend Rik Hoving from the Custom Car Chronicle site sent me this before and afte Photoshop showing what the Dodge will look like with a 2-1/2" section.
I was thinking 3 but he based it on the width of the tape that I had laid out to show someone one possible cut route.
It really gets the juices flowing.:cool::D[cl
Torchie
Its starting to look like a GM car of the same timezone. Not a bad thing necessarily. Just sayin...

I don't disagree Skip, but what will change that is those big rear fenders.
Plus once sectioned I would bet that it would be lower then a stock GM of the same era.
In 1949 and the early 50's Mopar was still styling like it was prewar almost. Especially there roof lines.
My goal for this one is kind of a "The Factory should have built them that way" look.:D
One of the reason I didn't give it a big chop.
No progress today as I am dealing with a bad tooth. Got to the Dentist at 8 am for an emergency visit only to find out that I may not be able to have any dental work done for 6 months due to the Pacemaker implant.:eek:
Not to be negative but it seems like that's the way things have been running lately in the Torchie household.
Time to change that.......
Torchie

I don't disagree Skip, but what will change that is those big rear fenders.
Plus once sectioned I would bet that it would be lower then a stock GM of the same era.
In 1949 and the early 50's Mopar was still styling like it was prewar almost. Especially there roof lines.
My goal for this one is kind of a "The Factory should have built them that way" look.:D
One of the reason I didn't give it a big chop.
No progress today as I am dealing with a bad tooth. Got to the Dentist at 8 am for an emergency visit only to find out that I may not be able to have any dental work done for 6 months due to the Pacemaker implant.:eek:
Not to be negative but it seems like that's the way things have been running lately in the Torchie household.
Time to change that.......
Torchie
I think you will get that look. [cl

I'm just glad things are still running in the Torchie household.

Did they explain that at all? Hopefully they know not to drill that deep...[ddd:D

Some thing to do with letting the pacemaker settle in smallfoot.
It was never mentioned before. They are getting in touch with the surgeon to see if they can get a timeline.
It won't be a drill as the tooth is pretty much cracked away. It happened right before the implant. lol
I won't even tell you the story of the dishwasher that used to work for me that pulled his own teeth.:eek: :eek: :eek:
I do have brand new needle nose pliers out in the shop.....[ddd
Torchie

Starting to make and tack in the filler piece.
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 15
  • 2.jpg