Dream Shop

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here it is ... pretty much finished on the outside. There will be lots of landscaping to do in the spring though. I need to decide on spotlights or carriage lamps for either side of the door. Either one will have motion detectors though.

Still lots of work left to do on the inside though. I do have all the wiring in place .... and I have the washroom framed in! Hoping to have the inside finished in a few weeks but that may be wishful thinking. I don't seem to get things done as fast as I used to!! :eek:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1128.jpg
    IMG_1128.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1129.jpg
    IMG_1129.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1131.jpg
    IMG_1131.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1132.jpg
    IMG_1132.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 68
Lookin' good sc.

I vote for the carriage lights beside the big door. Spot lights are really annoying when they come on and blind you, and you still have to drive into that doorway that's somewhere between those blinding lights. When you're backing away trying to look into your mirrors that are somewhere near those blinding lights you will also curse loudly.
I might be a drama queen.

Here it is ... pretty much finished on the outside. There will be lots of landscaping to do in the spring though. I need to decide on spotlights or carriage lamps for either side of the door. Either one will have motion detectors though.

Still lots of work left to do on the inside though. I do have all the wiring in place .... and I have the washroom framed in! Hoping to have the inside finished in a few weeks but that may be wishful thinking. I don't seem to get things done as fast as I used to!! :eek:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks great! Is the raised floor in the washroom so that you could run the plumbing above the concrete instead of inside it?

Looks great sc, have you had the heater running yet ?

[P[P
Yes ... it makes lots of hot! Even with most of the heat going out the roof.

Looks great! Is the raised floor in the washroom so that you could run the plumbing above the concrete instead of inside it?

Yes, all the plumbing will be done above the floor.

And after two days of hard work the ceiling is in. Funny how any sound echoes inside the shop now. I will soon be able to blow in all the insulation that is stacked against the wall. Just have to wait on the electrician and the electrical inspectors.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1133.jpg
    IMG_1133.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1136.jpg
    IMG_1136.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
What do you owe your wife for all of this???:D

Bob, you don't want to know! :eek:

Actually, Arlene has been quite supportive of the whole project ... even though it has gone a little over budget. She has gone into her own savings to cover the extras and prevent my using the line of credit at the bank. Don't know how I'd manage without her!

Let there be light!

In fact, so much light that I don't cast a shadow as I walk around the shop. :D And I got the OK from the electrical inspector to close up the walls and insulate the attic. Back to work now!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1146.jpg
    IMG_1146.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1148.jpg
    IMG_1148.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 76

Latest posts

Back