Cheap alternative to Dynamat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peel & Seal

Just got back from Lowe's in Carson City with two rolls of Peel & Seal, cost was $14.95 per. and measures 6"X25'

Gota wait till tonight to start the install, its 90 degrees in the garage now...:mad:

90 degrees - man that's nice!! I bet thats low humidity too right? If you're ever in Houston, stop by my garage for some real heat!

Of course its 70 in there in December so can't complain toooo much :cool:

Humaditty

Yep, low humidity, was 99 in Reno yesterday, must be that global warmin AL gore 's talks about.

The last time it was 99 degrees in Reno... 1919 :D and there wernt no green house gas nor millions of cars and trucks on the roads then neither!

Peel and Seal

Hey guys. Probably a little late for some of you but maybe not others. I just joined and was very interested in the thread about Peel & Seal. I have to finish insulating my 56. I wanted to let you all know I just bought a roll 36" X 33.5 '......100 sq. ft. for $97.00 plus tax. Bought it from a commercial roofing supply.

Manufacturer is MFM Building Products. www.mfmbp.com Ph 800-882-7663.

Hope this helps someone!

Shakey

Looks like alot of folks have tried this since I posted it. Just wondering if anyone has had any trouble? Has it came loose on anyone? works good?? I done a few cars so far but I haven't kept anything long enough to see how it holds up. :)

Rebstew,
I installed it in my truck and it has started to come loose a little on the back wall. Please keep in mind that I put it on top of herculiner and it should have been on a clean, smooth surface. Other than that, no problems.
SIDE NOTE : I also put the Peel-n-Seal on the inside of my outer door skin, It makes all the difference in the world...

Dynamat alt

that peel and seal is really a good buy and if your looking for a smaller application. try Polyken 367-17 foilmastic . its a 3" x 100' roll same size as duct tape usually runs about $ 34.00. I used this to line my trunk lid and line my hood. It a very good investment and just like the peel and seel it is waterproof and its certified as a energy efficiency tape lol. so you will you'll be rejecting exterior noise and you'll be adding a heating and cooling retainer to your car

i started mie

it cold here 27 so i started my peel and stick =14,95 roll startd with 4 rolls used oe on tranz tunel kicks fire wall heat gun work good bt ovre heat it thanks guys

Attachments

• IMG_0021a.jpg
    IMG_0021a.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0022a.jpg
    IMG_0022a.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 123
the finishing touch for dyno mat or other....

In our shop we install Dyna mat or the alternate products when heated, using a roller for linoleom, then as you roll it down in the grooves you will have a few tears and seam issues that exist, so get the foil /sticky back tape for duct work and use that to seal the seams this give you a flawless finish.

I've used FatMat on the last 3 builds I've done and had great results..I always thought it was the cheapest alternative..now that I saw this thread I'll def be stopping by Home Depot or Lowes

Looks like alot of folks have tried this since I posted it. Just wondering if anyone has had any trouble? Has it came loose on anyone? works good?? I done a few cars so far but I haven't kept anything long enough to see how it holds up. :)

It's been in my '53 for 2 summers in Phoenix - temps up to 110. I put it on the doors and it's still stuck and some of the floor. It was applied over SS urethane.

I just put it on the inside of the outside door skin. I think it would quiet even more by putting it on the inside (the door) of the interior door panel.

I bough the large roll at a local roofing supply co . After applying it to the inside cab floor . I had lots left over so I put my truck on a lift and put it on the bottom ( outside ) cab floor . Kinda made a sandwich out of my floor .I fig this stuff is used for patching roofs of houses out side where it is subject to all kinds of weather and temp variations . Wost thing is it peels off . Will keep an eye on it and report back after 6 months of use .

Latest posts

Back