1937 Packard 115 coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starting cancer treatments beginning with the pass side quarter. Tacked in a fresh piece, next will be to patch up the rocker panel and get it welded back in place. Drivers side is worse, 1/2 of the rocker is rotten so more intensive fab will be needed on it :( This body is far from cherry, both wheel tubs need rust repair, some rot around the front and rear window frames, the whole rear pan is beat up, and the firewall looks like a well used dart board. But what fun would it be if it didn't need work?? On the plus side, the fenders and doors have already had the metal repair done....

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1065.JPG
    IMG_1065.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 136
Thanks guys! Even though it was a lot of work to make relatively small changes, it turned out looking the way I wanted it to and I'm happy with the result.

The "Little" stuff is always the most work ZZ.
It is also the least noticeable to John Q Public but not to a builder.
Looking great.
[P [P [P
Torchie

Hard to get time to work on it but I finished repairing and installing both rocker panels - drivers side needed a lot of reconstruction plus quarter panel repair.

attachment.php

Passenger side not so bad, I decided to weld up the factory seams where they meet the cowl and quarter panel on both sides.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1076.JPG
    IMG_1076.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_1077.JPG
    IMG_1077.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_1080.JPG
    IMG_1080.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 181
Working on the exhaust, 2 1/4" stainless, just tacked together at this point.

attachment.php

Walker stainless mufflers - I decided to get on with the exhaust before putting in the floors - much easier to sort it out.

attachment.php
attachment.php

I realized the battery box was in the way of the exhaust in its under seat location as well as a pain in butt to get at, and I hate to have to put it in the trunk... realized there was room to put it ahead of the rear end on the pass side. A hatch in the rear floor will make it much easier to service.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1086.JPG
    IMG_1086.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1088.JPG
    IMG_1088.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1091.JPG
    IMG_1091.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1093.JPG
    IMG_1093.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 124
attachment.php
Looks Great!
How soon are you heading south?
[P [P [P
Torchie

Leaving in a week - had the first warning snow a couple days ago :eek: I don't want to get out the snow blower, had enough of that BS.
I want to finish putting the exhaust together and get the front sheet metal mounted before I leave to get a look at the whole body assembled for inspirational pondering 'till spring....:)
I'd hoped to be farther along but that's life----

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
attachment.php

I used these Speedway hangers, picked up the idea from Dr C on the 1937 Chev build.

attachment.php

Swept the tailpipes out to the sides so they're not directly under the tank.

attachment.php

Going to use these stainless tips.

attachment.php

After the bumper goes on, I'll trim the tailpipes to suit.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1098.JPG
    IMG_1098.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1099.JPG
    IMG_1099.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1100.JPG
    IMG_1100.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1102.JPG