"Paradise Road"......first house on the right

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful workmanship Snake.
Takes me back to when My wife and I built our log home. Lots of custom tile work in that one as well.
All the interior dividing walls were Tongue and groove knotty pine as I really hated to do dry wall. Grout didn't bother me so much.:)
Torchie

It's an awesome product and while nothing is ever as easy at depicted in most videos it is quite nice to work with and lays flatter than any rubber membrane I've used which makes for nice sharp corners both inside and out. In the early days of Kerdi there was some confusing info out there on which thinset to use with it and they insisted on using a non-modified thinset which I fought to no end! However Bostik Inc. now makes a thinset designed specifically for Kerdi and it works great. So if you use the Kerdi be sure to get the Ditra Set mortar http://www.bostik-us.com/sites/default/files/Ditra-Set.pdf I use it for the membrane and I set tile with it also.
One thing that will really help with the membrane installation if you are going over Hardie Backer is to mist the backer board down several times with water so that it doesn't immediately suck all the water out of your thinset.

Great info! Thanks a million...[P

Snake..........MAN!!!!! just getting caught up on your build
been busy.....so couldn't talk you into spending a couple months
in Fl? ..... when we make the move, will be looking for a builder.....
hint....hint;););)

Beautiful workmanship Snake.
Takes me back to when My wife and I built our log home. Lots of custom tile work in that one as well.
All the interior dividing walls were Tongue and groove knotty pine as I really hated to do dry wall. Grout didn't bother me so much.:)
Torchie

Thanks Torchie! In all my years of building I've only been involved with one "from the ground up" log house. It was for a local Dr. and the only drywall in it was the ceilings of two first floor bedrooms and a bathroom.....it was large 9" X 12" logs, tongue and groove paneling, tongue and groove ceilings, hardwood floors, hand made tongue and groove interior doors, log porch and stair railings, oak kitchen cabinets and real maple butcher block counters! Plus the basement was finished out in reclaimed barnwood....never so tired of wood in my life!! As we were wrapping up the job the doctor's wife asked me if I would hang some window blinds for her before they moved in and I said "sure, as long as they aren't wooden ones".......you're kidding she said.....and I must have been because the next day I was hanging WOODEN blinds! :p

Great info! Thanks a million...[P

You're welcome man.

Snake..........MAN!!!!! just getting caught up on your build
been busy.....so couldn't talk you into spending a couple months
in Fl? ..... when we make the move, will be looking for a builder.....
hint....hint;););)

Boy I'd like to have been in Florida this winter the way it held on...and it's calling for snow here again Saturday! I think I'm just south of you so pick me up on your way down. :D

As you enter the master bath the walk in closet is to your right and on the left you find this his and her's vanity....

....it's about six and a half feet long and has a concrete counter with under mount sinks....

Ever use a 20 Ton jack to install a sink? Hey, when the job calls for three or four hands and there's hardly room for two you use whatever works!

Hard to take a pic of these, I need to get me one of those clip on fish eye lenses for my phone....

Meanwhile back in the shower it's getting trimmed out with a mixing valve, six position diverter, regular shower head, hand held shower.......

..and ceiling mounted rain head.

All enclosed behind this 3/8" thick sliding glass door....

Stay tuned....I hope to eventually whip this bathroom! LOL

Great idea on the bottle jack for helping hands. I'm always having to come up with plans for extra hands around here too. Don't think ever seen a roller system like that on the shower door but it looks pretty substantial! Beautiful work Snake Farm!

Really looks great snake. Bathrooms and kitchens always take the most time.
That shower is about the size of the one that we put in our master bath.
My wife used the glass tiles that she makes as accents.
I called it the "Car Wash" because of it's size.:rolleyes:
Torchie

Great idea on the bottle jack for helping hands. I'm always having to come up with plans for extra hands around here too. Don't think ever seen a roller system like that on the shower door but it looks pretty substantial! Beautiful work Snake Farm!

Thanks man, yeah the shower door is kinda industrial strength LOL It weighs 200 pounds so the hardware is pretty hefty. I do like the almost frameless look though.

..... Bathrooms and kitchens always take the most time.

Ain't that the truth! I'm closing in on this one though, finally finished up the make-up vanity area.....yes this bathroom just keeps going and going. The master bath and walk in closet total a little over 200 square feet.

Started off with base cabinet and another concrete top...

An under mount sink and some more cabinets....

And finally the mirror......

Even custom sized mirrors aren't all that expensive but when you start drilling holes at thirty bucks a pop it starts adding up! I should have asked them for the dust LOL.

But with the Edison style filament bulbs it makes for a cool vintage dressing room look......

Here's a finish shot of the his and hers vanity area.....

And the tub......

Oh almost forgot.....there's a "John" too!

Headed on down stairs and set the vanity and poured the last top in the library powder room....

I'm getting close guys......if we could just get some dry weather to do some landscaping and build Gunner's garage!

Latest posts

Back