28 Fast Four build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How bout some guess's

So when I went for the cruise Tuesday in that beautiful weather I stopped at the scale with the car for a weigh in. I had a number in my head based on all the metal panels in the car and the big mopar engine and a full tank of gas. The dry weight for a bone stock 28 Dodge Victory six is 2750 lbs

What you all think this thing weighs?

My wild a$$ guess is 4785#.

Are you one of those people that kept track of what it cost to build?

When we started on my brides ride she said she was going to keep track of the costs. I asked her WHY? Then I told not to keep a running total as we went along or she might get discouraged and want to quit and that wasn't an option.

I gave her every invoice that was involved and she was shocked at the end. Then I told her what I would charge for labor if doing it for a customer and she was blown away. She had no idea what she was getting into.

Thanks Guys, and the winner is Bob's Price is Right strategy worked. I had in my head a weight of close to 3600 lb but it's 1470 KG 3234 lbs. And not I haven't kept track of the costs my wife is trying to but she doesn't have all the on line purchases, rough idea 10-11 grand

attachment.php

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 33
Bruno is the real winner. I would not have guessed 3201. Was just messing around. I was thinking more like 3,000. That was fun though.

Well I feel dumb. I went back to see what I guessed and wow!! What a typo I meant to type 3785# not 4785#.

No way your ride would be close to 5000#s.

And once again it is a really kool ride.
Stay after it.

Well I feel dumb. I went back to see what I guessed and wow!! What a typo I meant to type 3785# not 4785#.

No way your ride would be close to 5000#s.

And once again it is a really kool ride.
Stay after it.

Thanks POPS, I think that is why my 727 is giving me problems this car is 2000 lbs lighter than the Newyorker it came out of.

Dozer, I've got a 904 behind the slant 6 in my very light '29 Chevy roadster pickup. I get a delayed 1-2 shift that I haven't been able to adjust out of it. You might be on to the reason. Might have to go to a manual valve body.

Dozer, I've got a 904 behind the slant 6 in my very light '29 Chevy roadster pickup. I get a delayed 1-2 shift that I haven't been able to adjust out of it. You might be on to the reason. Might have to go to a manual valve body.

Yes Bob from what I have read the pressures on the trans are all set for the weight of the car.

Sewing machines are put away and the seats are done, Thank God, metal is so much easier to work with. They are not a professional job by any means but they are built not bought.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Seats are done 001.jpg
    Resize of Seats are done 001.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Resize of Seats are done 002.jpg
    Resize of Seats are done 002.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 41
Thanks POPS, I think that is why my 727 is giving me problems this car is 2000 lbs lighter than the Newyorker it came out of.

I have encountered that same 1-2 shift issue with the 727 the 904 and the 518 Dodge transmissions. A shift kit helps but the only way I could cure it behind the 408 stroker I built for my '47 Dodge was to put a manual valve body in it as Bob mentions.

The good thing is those trannys seem to last forever.

Latest posts

Back