Willys long cab

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still beatin on it .....

After a delay to rescue my grandson and his pick up and a steering gear swap I got back on the "Wild Willys" as he calls it.

I got the holes plugged and rear section finish welding done. The right side also welded up and the rear receiver hitch mounted. Left side tomorrow then install some D-Rings, a trailer plug socket, and figure out what I'm going to do for tail lights and rear work lights.

Attachments

• IMG-3437.jpg
    IMG-3437.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG-3438.jpg
    IMG-3438.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG-3439.jpg
    IMG-3439.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG-3441.jpg
    IMG-3441.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG-3446-1.jpg
    IMG-3446-1.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 28
Thanks guys.
I'm calling the bumper done. Ready for primer tomorrow.

I finally got my lost fan shroud and stuck the radiator in place so I can nail down the engines final resting spot.

Ran across a pair of wood ducks while riding down the irrigation ditch. Quite possibly the coolest looking duck around.

Attachments

• IMG-3471.jpg
    IMG-3471.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG-3469-1.jpg
    IMG-3469-1.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG-3460.jpg
    IMG-3460.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG-3457.jpg
    IMG-3457.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG-3458.jpg
    IMG-3458.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 26
We have to come up with a term for this phenomena. You spend a week working something over so it doesn't look like you did anything to it, and it looks like 'factory', only, --- the 'factory guys' didn't have the foresight to see what you imagined and made.
Good for you, Pops.

Still beatin on it...

Got the bumper off and primed.
Now on the front.
Here's a pic of the front bumper now. Some assembly required. [;)[;):eek:[;)[;)

Attachments

• IMG-3473-1.jpg
    IMG-3473-1.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG-3473-2.jpg
    IMG-3473-2.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Very sharp looking bumper!!! Flows well and
functional!!!
Keep it up!!!

All I have to do now is make the front bumper look like it was planned to tie in with the rear. Thanks for your commments.

Rear bumper looks awesome, waiting to see what the front gets[P[P

Thank you. I have a plan in my little pea brain for the front.

We have to come up with a term for this phenomena. You spend a week working something over so it doesn't look like you did anything to it, and it looks like 'factory', only, --- the 'factory guys' didn't have the foresight to see what you imagined and made.
Good for you, Pops.

Thanks Mac. With the price of steel sky rocketing I have to reuse as much as possible. I have more time than money since both my wife and I retired.

This world lost a good man Saturday

This has been a week from Hell-o. A life long friend has been in a battle with abdominal cancer and lost. I've been helping his wife during his final days and it has been depressing and heart wrenching to say the least.

It's hard to watch a friend go thru this.
I'm just glad his pain has finallly over and he's found his peace.

RIP ERIC DUTTON. 1951-2021.

I needed to do something to get my mind off things so I worked on the Willys front bumper some today.

I got the basic design nailed down. Still lots to do to get it finished up.

Here's a few pics of my current madness.

Attachments

• IMG-3493.jpg
    IMG-3493.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG-3517.jpg
    IMG-3517.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG-3520.jpg
    IMG-3520.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 25
My condolences on the loss of your friend. Its a good reminder to appreciate ever day we have. Your bumper is looking fantastic - it really suits the tough look of the truck.

Latest posts

Back