Montana Terraplane

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am legal! I got my title and plates yesterday, so wired them on and went for a drive. Now the fun begins!

Attachments

• plates.JPG
    plates.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 42
I now have insurance! I got approved through Hargerty today. All is good with the rat rod world. Now if I can get the county to get rid of the washboards on my road![cl

Nice Rat

Very cool car and it even has some paint on. I was looking through the builds and saw Terraplane and just had to investigate. My buddy just picked up a very nice Terraplane grill so I wanted to see what could be done with it. I like the looks a lot. Great design on the Troll build. Glad to hear you are all legal and driving it. Hope the hip is healing well. Have fun and post some road pictures.
Steve

Thanks for the nice comments agdeuce. Hip is getting better. Last night I took the rat for a run to the Quick Stop drive inn for ice cream. Met a friend there who has a rat truck. Great evening.

Well, been driving a bit farther from home, and had my first problem. Looks like my electric cooling fan burned out. Kept blowing fuses. I made it home as it was cool last night and I was only 6 miles from home. I guess I need to order a new one and hope it is better than the last.

Never fails.....always something.....

I hate when that happens....!!! But it's murphy's law....always has to be something to kill the buzz.... Hope you iron it out quickly....happy motoring!!! :D

Well, I dug into the cooling fan problem. Kind of like the thread about taking credit for something I didn't do, I now wish I could pin the blame for something I did on someone else.

After bypassing the thermostat, and checking all connections, I tore apart the center console where a lot of my wiring is. I found a rouge wire that I had run to power the fan with a switch and bay pass the thermostat. I had not yet put in the switch. The wire fell down and was rubbing in the driveshaft, and shorting out the circuit. My bad. I think I have it fixed now.

Latest posts

Back