1931 Chevy 4door into pickup.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And there in lies my predicament. If I get the wheels coated, I'm afraid they might have too much "pizzazz" but if I leave them as is, they might be too "blah." I'm not painting the body so no worries on color clashing, I just don't want the wheels and tires to take away from the overall look of the car/truck.

Not sure if they can do a matte or satin finish in powder coating but something like that might look good. Not to shiny but nice a clean to contrast with the rest... Just a thought.

I think shiny powdercoated wheels will be just the right contrast, as long as you pick the right colour (red would be good). You could even have them powdercoated a rusty brown or maybe copper? I would get them coated to make them stand out a bit, but wouldn't go overboard on the colour.

Didn't get as much done today as planned but progress is progress nonetheless. Front panhard bar is in place and checked for clearance issues. Ran into a bit of a snafu though. I can't fit my grill shell in place where I wanted to but I think I figured out a remedy for that. I'm not running a radiator up front due to tight tolerances so it's really no big deal. Anyhow, I know everyone likes pictures so here she goes.

Love your build!
Out of curiosity, are those grade 8's in the front axle holding the lower brackets for the air bags?

Hey O.I., I don't think you quoted the correct line lol. I'm gonna end up doing it myself. I was just joking about asking if anyone wanted to drill holes for me lol. Anyhow, did some research and found that I could mount my tires myself, so I did. Decided on no color for now. Again, if I want to get em done in the future I can. Anyhow, decided to roll her out of the garage into the light for the first time since I brought her home. Needed to see how she sits and looks altogether. Turns out, I love it. Can't wait to where she's drive able, unfortunately I still have a laundry list of things that I need and want to do before that's a reality.

Here's a few picamatures.

Still need to mount the rear tires to give it the real good look but I'll do that tomorrow after work.

It looks great !!!![cl Good work !!!

Speaking from experience, get ever thing you want done before you start driving or it will take a very long time to finish.

Some people say "When it Drives it's Done"[S

Looking real good man.[cl What's your plan for the bed? Or are you going to just leave it as is and keep the frame exposed?
I certainly like the stance you have going on and agree with leaving the wheels for now. You always change them later.

For now, the bed is going to be bare. That is until I get the inner workings all done. I need to figure out a fuel tank that will fit under the left side of the car and won't interfere with my air ride stuff, and where to mount my radiator so that it doesn't interfere with anything. Been slaving away at routing all my air lines for the air ride, need 2 more fittings and some 1/4" DOT air line to run to my gauges and I'll be finished wih all that but I have to get my tunnel made so I know where I can mount the panel and still be able to reach the switches. Also need to get the cab raised up on body mounts so that I can get the rear most drive shaft mounted. Ugh, it's starting to become more and more piddly stuff.

[clI didn't even notice I quoted the wrong post :eek: :rolleyes: lol
I've been waiting for you to roll her out where I could get a real good look at it [cl [cl [cl :cool:

Latest posts

Back