My 41 Dodge

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pumped up the bags and rolled it outside for a look.

Bags Up

outsidebags2.jpg

Bags Down

outsidebags1.jpg

A little on how the back is coming along.

NewRear.jpg

I think I am liking how this is coming along.

Last edited:
not too much going on with it right now, been pretty busy with other things for the past while. Still need to get stuff to do the four link in the back, and rebuild the front suspension. Haven't even looked at the thing in probably over a month. Been concentrating on trying to find a new place to live. Looking for something with a bigger garage, maybe even a work shop. Can't handle where I live anymore, time to move. I figure the less I play with this, the more money I will save for the house. So in the mean time I been tinkering with my RC planes and what not. The other day, picked up something else to tinker with. Work threw out their old plasma cutter, Miller 375, I had a scrap pass for it before it hit the dumpster. It quit working a couple years ago and they shoved it on a shelf. They aren't sure whats wrong with it (never really checked into it). I'm thinking I can probably get it going (electrical engineer). Will give that a shot. Still hoping to have it road worthy by spring but not pushing real hard right now.

finally decided it was time to get back on this. Went and blew the stink off of it the other day, took some measurements, made a few sketches, will let you guys know how it all goes. [;)

Plasma still not working, tested it once to see what it does thats it. It flashes the air pressure light, thats it.

Yes sarge it has some stink, its in a barn!!! But its more sitting stink than anything.

The soon to be Mrs. Neverdone told me she wants to ride away in this at the wedding in September so I have good reason to blow some money on it!!! :)

Thanks 46FORD$PU!!

I think the visor really makes the look of the truck. Shame it didn't have the hinges for it to hold it to the truck. I welded some tabs to the roof to hold it on..... Still need to make a support for the center so it will hold it to the windshield, that way it wont turn itself into a sail when going down the road!!! Plan on doing that in the next couple days.

Ordering the heims joints today to get the suspension work done. Once I get that done it wont be long before it is terrorizing the streets in Toledo and Monroe!

I love the look of this truck, love that grille, I am bummed I missed out on one on ebay recently as I'm low on fundage....

Great look, great job!!

Had the chance to go work on it the other day. Didn't do much, reinforced the front bag mounts some, other stuff was mainly cosmetic. Played with the bead roller and made a few block off plates, made a new panel to hold my bag valves. Going to have to redo that one, you can see why.

2012-02-06_17-33-57_88.jpg

2012-02-07_12-35-19_53.jpg

Made a visor support, but will probably redo that too. used too heavy of rod so it doesn't quite look right. The visor needs to have the trim put back on, that also will make it look better.

2012-02-07_12-40-54_723.jpg

And hung on my new glove box handle.

2012-02-07_12-35-35_571.jpg

The only other stuff I did was a bunch of measuring for four link stuff. Think I am just going to go with a parallel four link and panhard. It will be much easier. Originally I didn't think I could because of the way I did the frame, but looking at it yesterday decided it was possible. My suspension guru came by to look at it and its what he advised also.

Back to work on her yesterday. Worked on shaping up the front bumper, still trying to figure out the rear suspension. Put the three link back on for now, that way it is at least yardable and get run it up on the trailer should I need to. Hopefully will have a new shop soon and will be able to get it in there and will be able to get more done with it!!

Had it running and drove it out of the barn for the first time in about 8 months. Felt good to hear it rumble. Now I just need to get the voltage regulator hooked up so it will charge the battery :p. Tired of jumping it to pull it out of the barn, never remember to charge the battery. Also was interesting to ride in it with some suspension. Wasn't near as rough when it bounced out of the barn!! Here is how she looked out in the sun.

2012-03-06_13-02-46_7.jpg

2012-03-06_13-02-22_637.jpg

Had a good score this weekend!!! Let a buddy borrow my trailer and in exchange he gave me a compressor and two valves to put on my rat!!

Told my dad later, he says d*** son you should by a lottery ticket once in a while with how you just fall in to all of this stuff!!

finally bit the bullet. Ordered the four link kit yesterday. Also new rod ends for the front radius links. After I get that stuff done, need to do the panhards and put in some glass and finish the wiring. Then should be ready to hit the road!!!

Sometimes you just have to say....

What the heck!! And just do it..... I love to get the boxes from UPS or FedEx put hate when the credit card bill hits the mailbox..LOL...:D...

I did say what the heck!!!!

Parts are do in at the first of the week! I am very excited. Hopefully get a chance to work on it next weekend and get the new stuff installed. Puts me one step closer to making it to the dream cruise this year!!

Latest posts

Back