Little different fenderless 53 pickup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donuts1

Well, been looking around the site for a bit and have seen some sweet rigs! I figured I'd start a build thread of mine over here. I've already had 2 sites delete my build cause they don't like the direction I took with it. If ya'll don't like it just let me know and I won't post any more of it. If ya do, then rite on!!!! Lets get it built! Anyways, enough rambling, on to the build...

This is what I started with...
l_a64a544a7fb2cca0779502e507009ee3.jpg

And after the chop...
l_0e147e870835eb27bde53218d566c456.jpg

Updated the front end to disc brakes...
l_90458769a44a5f2208dfa91921c575cf.jpg

A little mock up with the skinny tires...
l_d3a71661dda54b52b419fd0bad85ab12.jpg

And here is where things start getting different. Moch up with fat tires...
l_3dfd615280c14bcd8d7b4935317f8f60.jpg

Added an all aluminum 6.2L with a 4l80e that will be paddle shifted...
l_c69970b940a04209bf7dd872ddc41c97.jpg

Building a full tube chassis for it...
l_8628c9a0041d4c55b6e34367dab4f976.jpg

Building my front links out of 1 3/8 aluminum stock...
l_cc92a0c0e0274546a665f486f36c050b.jpg

l_938499164b024973be3782a2057d6f6a.jpg

And another of the rear...
l_568b91b61c4c4f1b9abacd7aaff95492.jpg

Let me know what ya'll think!

Rather than ban you, I think you should be recoginzed for skill and creativity. I really like your truck.

What's not to like? We thrive on this stuff. I like the big moccasin's, seems to suit your build. What's going to propel it down the road?

What's not to like? We thrive on this stuff. I like the big moccasin's, seems to suit your build. What's going to propel it down the road?

It started life as an all aluminum 6.2L out of a cadillac escalade, but of coarse I couldn't leave it alone. It is converted to run a carb, has 1 7/8" long tube headers, nice little cam, and looking into a 418 stroker kit for it right now. The tranny is a 4l80e that will be running the compushift controller, a pro torque 2800 stall with carbon fiber lock-up clutches and will have wireless paddle shifters. The rear end is a ford 8.8 with disc brakes, and is stuffed with a detroit true track and 3.55 gears. The rear is going to run a triangulated 4-link with strange double adjustable coilover shocks, and the front will be the same except will run a pushrod/rocker setup to mount the shocks sideways under the hood out of site.

And another pic from the front....
l_747ae76bfa644013928f5a84c782267f.jpg

Well, back to the shop for now. Have a good day!!!

Hey donuts, did they delete you over at kb? cause your build is great i dont understand why they would... they have been getting crazy with deleting over there.. users, threads, builds.. dont know why...

Anyway you are welcome here.. lots of good friendly people here

I like it!

If anything, those tires help the look. I might have gone black on the rims instead of shiny, but it ain't mine. Those 50's cabs often seem too wide, but you make it work. The full hood and the wide tires give it a fat and low look like a modern open wheel circle track car.

man, killer ride, has a real drag look to it, big tires, low. I get tired of ppl that only have one view of what a rat or rod is... to me, building a rod is all about different, and unique attempts and creations, this is the spirit... great lookin truck, and I love the motor choice

Sweet, I never cared much for those fat Chevy trucks, but channeled with the fenders gone and the chop, really slick looking, not fat anymore. Nice job so far. Chassis looks slick to, any pics with the body off?

WOW!!!! Thanks for all the compliments guys! This definately looks like my kind of place around here.

Hey donuts, did they delete you over at kb? cause your build is great i dont understand why they would... they have been getting crazy with deleting over there.. users, threads, builds.. dont know why...

Anyway you are welcome here.. lots of good friendly people here

Yep, they deleted me over on KB, but oh well. Better people over here anyways!

Sweet, I never cared much for those fat Chevy trucks, but channeled with the fenders gone and the chop, really slick looking, not fat anymore. Nice job so far. Chassis looks slick to, any pics with the body off?

Well, the cab is actually built into the chassis. Kinda of a different design, but we'll see how it works. The bed will still be removeable though. Still have lots of tube to bend, but got tired of tube work for a bit and started the front suspension. Will get more pics as progress continues.

hey there, donuts you def have a cool build goin there, and i like it[dr

you have already figured out one valuable piece of info----that the RRR people are ......NICE:D

you see how creativity is complimented and encouraged, rather than frowned upon for being "different"

now get some more work done-[;)- and be sure to share it with the nice folks of the RRR....[P

Dang I can't believe they deleted your thread on KB.[S A friend and I were talking about your thread the other day and wondering what happend to it. I really like your build. It's more like what I wish I had built than the S10 swap I went with. Oh well there is always next time.;)

Latest posts

Back