1933 shorty dodge pic update

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skull

''SARCASM: just one of his many talents.''
pic of short one is close to what l hope it to look like. the center post will be removed.

next week the frame is going to get powdercoating instead of paint. l figure the powdercoat is a lot tougher and will last longer and it's about the same price.

later[ddev

Attachments

• DSCI0079.JPG
    DSCI0079.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 78
  • img002.jpg
    img002.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 99
Shorty!

I have always wanted to make a tudor out of a fordor. I think it would be so easy to move the post back,weld the back door in,cut the back door post out of the back window,us the section from under the back window to lengthen the front door. BOOM!, That's all you gotta do![;) But you might like shorties.[S

moooreee dooorr

my skill ain't that great anymore to stretch the front doors.[dr

just gonna cut it down, keep the front doors as is and use peices of the rear doors to elimanate the middle post. that way it has a one peice rear side windows.

later

Yeah, I know. What I want to do is a very big undertaking to say the least. What you're doing will work just fine. Keep us posted. I really like the wheels for your project. Hey, where else can you get a paint job for a box of cookies?![cl

Shorty!

Skull, Hope you don't mind but I did some photo shop work on your project. In the picture I was able to move the front back without moving the wheels back which helps make the car not look so short. What do you think? Keeping the wheelbase close to factory will give the car that altered dragster look, I think!

Attachments

• DSCI0079.JPG
    DSCI0079.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 60
dodge chop

[not a problem, sent 34lb a pm.]

this is just the mock up stage. l might add 4'' to the car behind the front door if my frame is long enough.[S

the rear door/ middle post is for sure getting removed.

the frame was built for a ford 1929 roadster and is only a 95'' wheel base so when l adopt the dodge body to this chassis l have to accomadate where the the wheels line up and look the best.

l will have to experment with the front wheel placing as the rear wheel has to be centered in the tirewell. to do this it will have to be by adjusting the body length.:eek:

fun stuff, trial and error, good car to try this on. we can't really hurt it much since someone hacked it up before l got it. l figure l can only improve it:)

later:cool:

more door chop

youuuu can dooooo it.

Mine was not that difficult, in my opinion anyway. Your car seems different, see how much larger your quarter windows look than mine, and you have less distance between the wheel opening and the door post than I do

did you finish youre's?
mine is a 33 and your'e is a 34 and that might be the difference. the 34 has the flip at the end of the back and the 33 goes straight down.

l found pics of the one you did and it inspired me to take the 4 into 2 challenge.

l will keep posting up dates and l THANK EVERY ONE FOR THE POSITIVE SUPPORT!!!!!!

I am done with the body mods, well the major ones anyway.
I have begun to get logistics ironed out about having the car dipped in
non acid rust remover. While the car is at the dippers I will begin on the frame.
I know the cars are different, mine is a Chrysler for one thing and they are different years. I expect mine to make some really good progress this year.
Keep us updated on your car!

George

I know the cars are different, mine is a Chrysler for one thing and they are different years. I expect mine to make some really good progress this year.
Keep us updated on your car!

George[/QUOTE] thank you for the encourgment.

my time table to finish is june 2010. l am pushing hard for this car to be done. l hope my body holds out long enough to get it done on time.

what other than the tail section is different? this is the first car l've had this old. it's a learning experence for sure. :confused:

one thing that is nice for my build, because the guy backed out of the deal l had for him to buy the roadtser. this lets me use the frame, rearend, suspension and all the other new parts on the 33 dodge. l guess the good thing about not selling the roadster, it gives me almost everything l need to finish the project faster.

l am selling the 1929 fiberglass body and keeping everything else for the dodge. l can't believe how much time this saves. but;;;; l was stock pilling parts for 3 yrs on the roadster build, so did it really save time? hahahahahahahahaha:D

Last edited:
Stretched Shorty!?!?!

Stretched it back out about 4 inches for you. I am also posting all three pictures. Enjoy! Oh yeah, I got your pm!

Attachments

• Shorty A.JPG
    Shorty A.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Shorty B.JPG
    Shorty B.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Shorty C.JPG
    Shorty C.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 30
that it!!!

Stretched it back out about 4 inches for you. I am also posting all three pictures. Enjoy! Oh yeah, I got your pm!

[cl:Dcoooooollll. that is my car!! l will print that out and use it for a blue print.

should l add a hood? [S if so can it be photoshpped to show the 33 with a hood?

does anyone think it will look good doing this conversion to a full size car?:confused: opions are always welcome.

this is the biggest project we have taken on in a long time.

I AM GETTING EXCITED TO HAVE THIS THING DONE FOR SUMMER.

thanks so much LB, it does look really good that way.

later............:cool:

wheelbase and stuff

went outand did some measuring on the chassis to kinda figure out the wheelbase. about 99'' give or take an 1'' for adustable ends on the rear hiem joints.

the rear quarter windows and back window are 1/4'' plexi-glass l have in storage out back in the barn. they will be siliconed in and screwed to the frame so they won't roll down and hopefully won't leak or have the annoying whistle at driving speed.

called a glass shop and a tinted laminated windshield cut to fit cost about $70.00. that does not include the goop around the window to seal it.
my friends will help install the thing so that'll help keep cost down.

l know the stock windshield opened at the bottom. mine will have a custom made trim around the oustide and inside so it can't open, that's OK.

l plan to put power front windows in. at the wrecking yard all the parts to convert the windows to power is less than putting in the stock one l keep finding on E bay and the classic wrecking yards here local and on-line.
side windows are flat glass so they shouln't cost very much.

the plan is to keep the ;;project cheapsot;; attude alive as long as l can.

budget builds are fun, but challanging to stay within the $$ amount set aside :D

Last edited:
the door is getting the inside is cut out so we can put a piece in the gap left when the body is shortend. after the body is welded, we will put custom door skins on the inside so door panels can be installed.

thinking black tuck & roll on front door panels and on the sides in the back all the way to the back window. :D

later:cool:

Attachments

• DSCI0079.JPG
    DSCI0079.JPG
    3 KB · Views: 75
  • Picture of door 016.jpg
    Picture of door 016.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 75
  • Picture of door 019.jpg
    Picture of door 019.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Picture of door 027.jpg
    Picture of door 027.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Picture of door 030.jpg
    Picture of door 030.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 75
got the suspension on the frame today and sat on the body to figure excatly where to cut it down to fit.
lots of [;)[;)[;) today.

Attachments

• Picture of welding and mock up 004.jpg
    Picture of welding and mock up 004.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Picture of welding and mock up 018.jpg
    Picture of welding and mock up 018.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Picture of welding and mock up 011.jpg
    Picture of welding and mock up 011.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Picture of welding and mock up 009.jpg