'33 ford

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desertRAT702

ok, so i thought i should post this up in here to keep everyone informed on the progress.

so i picked up my cab last weekend. not much excitement this week, other than puting it on a rollaround dolly thing. made it level and straight on a couple peices of 2x6 box tubing. now i can see what needs to be straightend. the doors are far from lining up. so next step is to use the portapower to hopefully get things where they need to be. got the '40 olds front axle set up, so next weekend, im gunna head to the yard and grab an 8.8 from an explorer. get all that cleaned up and swap the front brakes out for a big disc brake setup lying around the shop. then the following weekend get the frame mocked up.

the good thing is now that its level and rolling and approximatly at "ride height" i can see where im going to cut it. im thinking 3" at the bottom of the doors, and 4-5"s out of the top. then totally remove the top and keep it as a removable hard top. so overall height of the truck will be around 40" high! or 30" with top off! :D

now what do u guys think of this plan...

im running the 94ish mustang 5.0 engine. im keeping it injected, but hate the look of the intake manifold. so im thinking of removing the upper plenum, and building a plate that holds 3 deuces. they wont be fuel fed, only just as 3 throttle bodies. give it that classic look, but have the reliablity of the injection. do u think this is good, bad, awesome, or just dumb? living in vegas, going fully carb'd wont be a big deal, but seeing as how i'll be driving up to wyoming, colorado and montana at sum point, i think keeping the injection would be the best bet.

pix coming soon! :)

Latest posts

Back