What have I done! Plymouth Truck!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DONT LOOK AT THE FLASH!:mad:lol

Cant help it..... like looking at a car wreck!
Welding the mounts.............:D

Attachments

• untitledbfd.jpg
    untitledbfd.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 71
  • untitledbacffw.jpg
    untitledbacffw.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 95
Ok ... Gotta hold that BIG ole spring somehow!
Gonna run a bar across the back of the cab ... drill holes in the back of the cab going into the cage.
Yes its gonna have a hidden roll CAGE, its gonna hold my spring and belt restraints.
Yes........ the ole restraints....ya want em to work very well. The sensation of being restrained and confined in that lil tight cab exacerbates the tension felt by driving down the road, causing the major muscle groups to flex and contract rather effectively … particularly once the subject realises that their struggling in your restraints is utterly pointless.:eek:

Attachments

• untitled468.jpg
    untitled468.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 97
  • untitledd4fg.jpg
    untitledd4fg.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 121
  • untitledgnn.jpg
    untitledgnn.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 116
  • untitledsfsftr.jpg
    untitledsfsftr.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 114
This looks like an episode of "Monster Garage". And, I mean that in a very complimentary way. I like the running commentary too.

How did that happen:confused:

I guess it was oxidation, or rusting, it occurs rapidly when steel is exposed to moisture and air in the east coast of the country. The minimum relative humidity necessary to promote rusting is 65%, but that figure can be lower in the presence of corrosive agents, such as sea water, salt air, acids, old men hoarding parts, acid precipitation, soils, and some sulfur compounds present in the atmosphere, which act as catalysts in the oxidation process. Rusting is accelerated in situations where the steel provides pockets or crevices to trap and hold liquid corrosive agents. Furthermore, once a rust film forms, its porous surface acts as a reservoir for liquids, which in turn causes further corrosion. If this process is not arrested, it will continue until the iron is entirely consumed by corrosion, leaving nothing but rust ....... leading to cracks.
:(

Ok........... "borrowed" some coilovers!:D

Set them up on the old leaf hangers!

Made a panhard bar!

Attachments

• Image6bvv.jpg
    Image6bvv.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 122
  • Image566.jpg
    Image566.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Now we on the scene wit da gangsta lean!:eek:

Used the center leaf mount to weld the panhard mount, worked out really nice.

Attachments

• Image56b.jpg
    Image56b.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 144
Appreciation and acceptance for what and how far we have come on the lil truck. I feel a passion for life and love in its bare skin...... Sensuality? :eek:
Maybe.... im feeling an intense arousal and passion where even the simplest touch of my finger drawn lightly across the bare rusty roof skin in this early morning hour causes me to awaken and be filled with a heightened awareness.
Im in a heightened state.....Thats exultation of spirit.:D

Attachments

• Imagegtg6.jpg
    Imagegtg6.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 126
  • Imagehhjhhhh.jpg
    Imagehhjhhhh.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 165
I'm liking how its looking......
This is Rex Coffey, fab man...... and thats an understatement!

Attachments

• gghg.jpg
    gghg.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 119
  • gyy.jpg
    gyy.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 160
Engines gonna set pretty high in the frame so we need to make some motor mounts, two pieces of scrap tubeing with a slight bend, smaller pieces dropped inside, nut inside of that.......

Attachments

• ef.jpg
    ef.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 43v.jpg
    43v.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 89
  • Image4r4.jpg
    Image4r4.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 104
From inside looking out the front.....
On first sight it feels like ur in an old plane taxiing through an airport, slowly making its way along the side of the big world.
Reminds me of the lil oval windows in a plane, looking at the fields and dirt roads.
I sat there feeling it :)

Attachments

• 4bv.jpg
    4bv.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 85
Had these old Headers I bought at a swap along time ago, knew they would come in handy one day (yes im a pack-rat)

Attachments

• r44.jpg
    r44.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 72

Latest posts

Back