Gas Chimp Garage morons are proving once again how bogus they are!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know some of y'all have watched wipeout! [cl. Best show ever. But yeah TV has gone downhill. We actually just cancelled our cable. More money for the rat rod!

Interesting to see that some of you have done what we have at our home. Couldn't see spending $60-70 every month to watch a couple of shows. haven't really missed it. Try to watch regular t.v. & every show ends up in a murder & solving it. The news is the same only real. We really had some good shows back in the day with Gilligan's island & The Beverly hillbillies! Now a days I try to read some of the Bible every evening.

It is like a car crash as much as you do not want to look at it for some reason I have to check it out between periods of hockey games I watch.
The amount of BS that show tries to shove down viewers throats is nuts.
$5000. for a beat up rusty fire bird that car wasn't anymore then $2500. on a good day.
American pickers have ruined the market on picking everyone thinks they have treasures which use to be trash.

I saw that show the first thing I dont believe is that it was a 35,000 dollar mustang nothing special about it, second thing is that the car was totaled, new fender, new bumper, maybe grill some tweeking and some paint. If he does his own work no way do I see a total. Then he said that he has insurance but could not turn it in or they would cancel him I understand covering some minor stuff to keep your insurance down but if you dont use it for major stuff why have it?

I saw that show the first thing I dont believe is that it was a 35,000 dollar mustang nothing special about it, second thing is that the car was totaled, new fender, new bumper, maybe grill some tweeking and some paint.

That guy exaggerates everything and when they go to sell that crap they wonder why it never works out. That show is bogus and so hard for me to believe anyone watches it! :eek:

Beercan

Reality idiots

The monkey idiots,the Count,the Picker clowns,and all the Pawn show nuts need to be on the show Lost and never be found. $35,000 Mustang,$25,000 model A with 4-banger, The Pickers idiots appraiser pulls up in a plastic car and is an expert. I guess we all need to start restoring pedal cars for $2500 like the Ricks restoration guy does and all get rich. I think the best lie on the reality shows was the idiot from South Beach Classics with the plastic blonde trading a Toyota even for a 65 Mustang fastback.[P

Garbage TV

hCABDF152.jpg

I didn't have many cable stations until a few months ago. Reality TV is stupid. I would rather watch Bob Ross paint happy little clouds than any of the BS drama-build car shows on TV today.

The auction shows like Storage Wars are the worst - what kind of moron would try to 'get even' with the person that out bid them? You'd be bankrupt in a month running a business like that.

I can't even watch the redneck shows like Moonshiners, etc. ...or all the Ghost type shows. What happened to the History Channel??? Where did all this mindless garbage come from?

The Woodwright’s Shop on PBS is one of the most real shows you'll find. One guy makes stuff with hand tools.
post-woodwrightshop.jpg

Last edited:
Two shows I enjoy are Chasing Classic Cars and Wheeler Dealers.
Wayne Carini is a gentleman and the 2 English Guys are what us Brits would endearingly call 'A right pair of wankers' but at least you see the mechanic actually do something.

I didn't have many cable stations until a few months ago. Reality TV is stupid. I would rather watch Bob Ross paint happy little clouds than any of the BS drama-build car shows on TV today.

The auction shows like Storage Wars are the worst - what kind of moron would try to 'get even' with the person that out bid them? You'd be bankrupt in a month running a business like that.

I can't even watch the redneck shows like Moonshiners, etc. ...or all the Ghost type shows. What happened to the History Channel??? Where did all this mindless garbage come from?

The Woodwright’s Shop on PBS is one of the most real shows you'll find. One guy makes stuff with hand tools.
post-woodwrightshop.jpg

Amen brother!

They certainly didn't look that bronco over too closely before spending too much on it.

As has been discussed.....

these shows play to the masses....what is entertaining to you or I might not be entertaining to them...as for GMG.....if I lost as much money as they do, I'd be out of business in a hurry....but as long as the ratings are up....the program will survive...guess you just have to take all these shows at face value...NOT reality....:D

The "Reality" is we have become the few and all these shows cater to the masses.What once was considered a silly show has become the norm for entertainment.I must be getting old, because the shows are crap and the music is to loud. :cool:

Two shows I enjoy are Chasing Classic Cars and Wheeler Dealers.
Wayne Carini is a gentleman and the 2 English Guys are what us Brits would endearingly call 'A right pair of wankers' but at least you see the mechanic actually do something.

Agreed. These are the only 2 car shows that are realistic. The 2 wankers typically barely make a profit, and only b/c Ed's labor is free. I like this one b/c it has cool cars that we never got in the US because of crash & emissions standards.

Wayne loses his butt fairly often at auction. I think his main income is from the restoration shop and flipping of more "normal" cars. No fake drama in either of these shows.

Latest posts

Back