Towel City Retread Co. Anyone Running Their Rubber?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4speed411

Anyone running Towel City Retread tires? I'm looking to run Grooved Cheater Slicks and would like some input from other on the tires they are running...Hurst Racing or others they have been happy with..price and quality....Thanks, Roy

Yes, grooved cheater slicks or pie crust and front runners including wide white wall, prices are under $200....hope to hear from some that have purchased their tires for some feed back before pulling the trigger on a set.

I haven't used any yet, but will probably put a pair on my dragster. Also intending to try some on a hot rod when I need tires.

I had Hurst cheaters on a bobber truck and other than needing a lot of weight to balance they were fine. Expensive though. That's the reason for wanting to try Towel City.

I have been searching for some feed back on the Front Runner series wondering if they would be ok on all 4 corners of my 52 Chevy. They have a 25inch tall WW that is a hell of a lot cheaper than Cokers. I don't plan on putting thousands of high way miles at speed so recaps would probly be fine for the cost.

Yes, grooved cheater slicks or pie crust and front runners including wide white wall, prices are under $200....hope to hear from some that have purchased their tires for some feed back before pulling the trigger on a set.
I haven't run them, but a friend of mine has run them twice now.... I assume since he bout them twice, he must like them.

Here on his current build, the 56 "StripTeaser"

On his prior build .....

And another friend just ordered a set for his Plymouth.

I have the Towel City front runners on my truck, unfortunately it doesn't run yet so I can't tell ya how well they drive, but they do appear to be well made. I have Hurst pie crust slicks on the back and I won't buy them again. One balanced out ok but the other called for 12 oz of weight. Once I burn them off I will replace them with Towel City slicks.

Latest posts

Back