photoshop help

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good luck ... my cab already had a big dent in the roof , a few dings here and there, so it didnt match perfect after I cut it . but , I used 2 pieces of 1/2 inch all thread and 2 pieces of angle iron I took the doors off and bolted the angle or you can tack it to the front and the back of the door frame (Inside cab) then stuck the all thread threw some holes I put in the top and bottom of angle .. I adjusted the cab back together this way ,,and it held it sturdy enough to get measurements on the rest too. But mine is a (block truck ) looks good a block away :D

Ok, I'm trying to figure out just how to attack this. I talked to a master restoration friend this morning and he would lend me some help stretching the doors and such. I think it needs to be done. ZZ, tell me just what you did in the picture. Did the fender stay the same and you stretched the running board? The chassis part I can deal with by just starting the build with the right wheel base. If anyone has some good ideas how to get started, I was thinking some kind of graph paper or a clear graph I could lay over each picture to get a general idea where the surgery needed to start.

What I did was move the fender forward and stretch the running board behind the cab, though in reality it would probably be better to stretch the running boards in the center under the cab... In a perfect world, 2 sets of running boards would make it easier as would an extra set of doors so you'd only need to do one weld seam on each - oh, and an extra cab to make the stretch easier..... jeez, there I go making it more complicated...
Any luck on the wayward parts??
Your plan for the cab stretch sounds good but what is the reason for splitting it up the back?

Due to the taper of the cab from front to rear, when the front and rear move apart there will be an inch difference in the width from lining up straight. I have extra cab and doors so the doors can get stretched with only one cut and the part of the cab over the doors will only have one weld. Not sure what I'll do on running boards because I only have the short ones from a big truck. I might have to build those if I can't find some.

So you did a stretch?[/QUOTE

no stretch ,, but this is an easy way to hold it steady after you get it apart and close to where you want it ,, you can fine tune it one way or another with the all thread. I had to put a strip in my roof and I adjusted the door spacing before I welded it up ... The door spacing looks good all way around ,,, even if the rest dont [;)

So you did a stretch?[/QUOTE

no stretch ,, but this is an easy way to hold it steady after you get it apart and close to where you want it ,, you can fine tune it one way or another with the all thread. I had to put a strip in my roof and I adjusted the door spacing before I welded it up ... The door spacing looks good all way around ,,, even if the rest dont [;)

Good idea, I'll do that.

Update on the plans. I got the 36 home and the cab is pretty roached. The other 35 cab he has is pretty wavy and gutted out but has a decent set of doors. The other 2 cabs turn out to be 37s. I am still probably going to need another pretty straight cab to get the stretch off the ground.

Well, I am not bailing yet but the 36 cab doesn't have all I need to make the build. I can get another 35 cab with good doors but the top of it is too wavey for the sections I need. I'm going to just work on some of the bed and rear fenders for now. BUT there is a 40 3/4 ton Panel truck up there and I only saw it from the road. My buddy was over to it and the back doors are gone, a little rough but pretty darn complete and the stuff it needs are like grille ect. I'm going to look at it before I decode to plow ahead and buy more cabs to do this pickup. A panel would make a great ride and I can get all the legroom I want, and maybe I can get a hippy chick with it.

Latest posts

Back