What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As of Friday last, I retired. Didn't get anything done over the weekend, though. After 20 years and four months doing the same job that I totally loved, I am adjusting slowly to a new life. There is a car show coming up in June that I really want to get the 39 in, so I will be focusing on the little things to finally finish it. Well, maybe not really finish, but you know what I mean.

Congrats on the retirement Skip! Soon you'll fall into it...won't be enough time in the day to finish all you want to...

Well, I'll be over 100 years old before i get to retire. My house burned down 4 years ago and had to draw out my retirement to rebuild, but i do have this weekend off, first full one in 5 months.

Thank you, gentlemen. I'm getting dialed in, I think. Been lazy all week. Now I am getting lose ends tied up. Retiring from a large company is more complicated that I ever imagined. Signing up for health care, pension, SS, 401K. I am feeling more motivated every day. I have a long list if things I have been ignoring for a couple years; besides the cars.

Did you know there are a gazillion Sci Fi shorts on U tube?

Time to do something productive. :D

Well, I'll be over 100 years old before i get to retire. My house burned down 4 years ago and had to draw out my retirement to rebuild, but i do have this weekend off, first full one in 5 months.
Cool! I hope you are still building cars when you retire. And sorry about the house. That sucks. Have fun this weekend.

I've never really been satisfied with the performance of the 3x2 setup I had on the Nailhead so I decided to switch over to a 4 barrel. Bought a orig intake & threw an Edlebrock on top... it runs like a champ!!! I've also been running a road gear in my quick change (2.19:1) & decided I might as well change that up too so I switched to a 3.77:1. It was pretty rowdy with the road gear but it's a beast with this street gear... can't wait ta hit da streets!!! [ddd[ddd[ddd

BoB

Attachments

• nail.jpg
    nail.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 22
  • road.jpg
    road.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 22
  • street.jpg
    street.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 22
I have been sandblasting a 17-28 Twin City tractor, slowly. This is all I'm going to do right now as it has to be plowing next Saturday, partly painted. I have a little sandblaster but it's not the Princess Auto one so it works pretty good.

Attachments

• IMG_1826.jpg
    IMG_1826.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1827.jpg
    IMG_1827.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 39
Dr. We didn't have enough lugs from either tractor, ['22 and a '27, and in about 1925 a lot of the tractor companies changed the lugs to the A type from the one bolt ones], so we made slanty angle iron ones. We, initially were going to put them closer together but we thought it looked dorky and the traction would be cut back so we moved them further apart. The numbers from a paint pencil are to make sure we kept the same number of holes between the angle irons.

I was going to work on the 39, but then I was reminded that my pool team had Regional Playoffs this weekend in 9-ball. We won three rounds in a row! We are going to the Nationals in Vegas this coming August! I don't much love Vegas, I just want bragging rights that I played at the Nationals. I am stoked. :D[cl

Latest posts

Back