Paaaaa UUUUUU

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Iron

An obnoxious odor crept through the door last night, looked out and my dog Annie was doing her best to get the skunk off her face :eek:
Needless to say, at 10:30 last night I found myself giving her a bath in the tub :rolleyes:
I smelled skunk all night and dreamed I was in a herd of them :confused: :(
The pics are after using Dawn, baking soda, vinegar and the fragrant oils my wife buys.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20170511_230008508.jpg
    IMG_20170511_230008508.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20170511_230015412.jpg
    IMG_20170511_230015412.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 51
Is she pretty good now? I got some skunk shampoo at the local farm store and it did nothing. Our house dog became a porch dog for a few days and my hands were wrinkled up from repeatedly washing him. Can't offer any advice for the "herd of skunks" dreams however.
Gotta love those curious dogs though.

That's crazy, my best friend from Alberta called me yesterday morning and said his Sheltie got tangled up with a skunk under his deck at 3am, he was shampooing him at 330 am.:eek:

A *really* stinky skunk started hanging around our place & sprayed one of my cats. A couple nights later... it died of lead poisoning! [ddd:eek::eek:[ddd

BoB

I've heard the tomato juice one. Around here they just have to stay outside until it wears off.
I don't just kill animals that come around but I will pop a skunk. They are notorious rabies carriers. When I was 15, I ran into an old barn cat who was buggered up from fighting and smelled like skunk. As I got close he leaped through the air and latched on to my finger allowing me to have 21 wonderful days of needles in the belly.
Ironically I was scouting the dump thinking of dragging out a 29 Model A.

sorry dude but that is abit funny !!. we don't have skunks here.. but I remember as a kid our wiener dog found something very nasty to roll in at the beach .. we were gagging in the car the whole way home, and nobody wanted to be friends with him for days ( and Baths didn't help )..

skunk stench sounds fantastically bad !!!

what about toothpaste?

Annie's dental health is an entirely different subject. ;)

When I was a kid, my father hit a skunk with the family car during our annual summer vacation trek... anyhow, the car stank like seven barrels of stank and so did we... shortly thereafter, we had to stop for gas and the term "full service" did not apply. [S

It's funny now, and a couple hundred more miles "burned" the stank off, but it was nasty and somewhat embarrassing at the time. :eek: :D

I have ran over them with the semi trailer, the smell lasts for days! :eek: And the next time the trailer got wet in a rain, it brought the smell back again!:eek: I swear, I believe the smell etched itself into the steel in the trailer!

One of my Rotts killed a skunk and brought him into the house thru the dog door!:eek: Worse smell ever!!!!! I tried all the "remedies", but none worked..Took him up the local kennel, in the bed of the truck I might add!:D, they used a solution on him that eliminated all the smell! Feminine Hygiene mixture![cl He smelled like a hooker!, but way better than the option...lol

One of my Rotts killed a skunk and brought him into the house thru the dog door!:eek: Worse smell ever!!!!! I tried all the "remedies", but none worked..Took him up the local kennel, in the bed of the truck I might add!:D, they used a solution on him that eliminated all the smell! Feminine Hygiene mixture![cl He smelled like a hooker!, but way better than the option...lol

HMMMMM???? And how is it you know the scent of a hooker????[ddd[ddd:D

Best thing I have used Is baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. I don't know what a hooker smells like, however I do know what a French whore smells like.

What done the trick was the mixture of vinegar and soda then dawn.
The vinegar and soda have to be poured on really quick because it'll foam out of the container like a volcano.
When poured on the animal, it foams the skunk oil off the fur then the dawn washes it away.

I nailed a skunk with a cruiser one day. Car smelled horrible so I drove it to a neighboring PD and parked it in their sally port while I "talked to dispatch"....I'm pretty sure nobody talked to me for a week from that PD!![cl

We have em down here, ya just don't see em very often. Once in while you see the "sail" variety on the road...you know, smashed flat as a tator chip and capable of being peeled up off the road and "sailed" like a frizbee. Just teach the mutts not to go after the black and white cats...easy peazy!:D

Latest posts

Back