My Dodge Bros coupe!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• frontend.jpg
    frontend.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 75
Ordered my wheels... love me some Cragars!!! 15x5 rear & 15x4.5 front with tall skinny bias Coker tires! :D

BoB

Attachments

• Cragar Delux.jpg
    Cragar Delux.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 14
looking good!

In all my years of welding this has never happened... a piece of spatter attached itself to my wedding ring but not before burning a nice hole in my finger. It also heated my ring up & cooked the finger underneath.

done it. hurts like a mother. mine was a tiny hole in the glove and a million-to-one shot with a dot of slag. gold is an amazing conductor!

So I was trying to use a '46 Ford front axle but that got to be an extreme hassle & I sorta wanted this to be a lil more upscale build so I sprang for this front end from Johnny Law Motors. What was weird was I saw this exact front end on the Walmart site for $300 less that was shipped from Johnny Law Motors... I'll take it! Who knew?!?

http://www.johnnylawmotors.com/catalog/suspension-parts-kits/solid-axle-suspension/solid-axle-kits-deluxe/VPAIBAUB2B/universal-47-3-4-deluxe-hair-pin-solid-axle-kit

BoB

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 31
In all my years of welding this has never happened... a piece of spatter attached itself to my wedding ring but not before burning a nice hole in my finger. It also heated my ring up & cooked the finger underneath.

Order yourself a silicone wedding band - You'll never go back! They are super comfortable and completely avoid situations like this. They will also give way BEFORE your finger if they are snagged, unlike a metal ring. Not only that, available in just about any color, cheap and sold by Recon Rings - a Veteran owned company. [;)

Here the link for ya - https://reconrings.com/

Tripper, check that axle over real good! Johnny Law is part of the Hoffman Group, world wide known distributors of cheap Chinese junk! Several threads on their poor quality parts on the HAMB and other sites! Be careful with it!

Tripper, check that axle over real good! Johnny Law is part of the Hoffman Group, world wide known distributors of cheap Chinese junk! Several threads on their poor quality parts on the HAMB and other sites! Be careful with it!

Yep... gonna return it! Thank goodness I ordered it through Walmart of all places!

Wheels came in today... tall skinny tires are up next! Can't wait!!! [dr

BoB

Attachments

• whelz.jpg
    whelz.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 76
Those are really cool wheels

Thanks! I'm happy with them!

Looks like dual bolt pattern too...[cl

They're just 5 x 4 1/2. I wish they were dual!

I like the wheels too Tripper...did you order direct or
through a distributor?

They're discontinued Cragar's & I had a hard time finding them but finally Jegs came through. I need a small backspacing & these were 2 1/4" & I like the look & best of all... they were only $60 ea. Hard to beat that!

BoB

Looking good!!![P

Ooooohhhh Yeah!!!!!![P[P

Thanks guys! My buddy's gonna pinstripe the wheels & the chrome lug nuts & chrome center caps should be here by the weekend. Front tires are 24.5" high & rears are 28.5" high. Fixing to buy the steel for the frame & get on with that! Got some steel for patch panels & am looking forward to getting the body in shape.

BoB

Latest posts

Back