If you can't laugh at yourself

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going back in the conversation a wee bit, Dr. Crank. I know how you feel about left and right. I used to be fairly proud of my partial ambidextrousness, until I realized that it is tied to partial dyslexia. When someone says "turn right here", I have to say, "Ya, but which way". They give me the look and point me that way.

Going back in the conversation a wee bit, Dr. Crank. I know how you feel about left and right. I used to be fairly proud of my partial ambidextrousness, until I realized that it is tied to partial dyslexia. When someone says "turn right here", I have to say, "Ya, but which way". They give me the look and point me that way.

I thought I was the only one1[S

Some farmer you are. Here on the bald prairie, we don't give directions to turn right or left... but north, south, east or west. ;) ;)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Canadianstreetmap.png
    Canadianstreetmap.png
    72.3 KB · Views: 42

I have the same issue with directions, Mac. I have to think really hard when someone says "turn left" or "turn right" because in the past I've gond the opposite way and my brain mixes them up. My friends think I'm smart but some times I'm not so sure...

We all do these goofy things, you have to just laugh at yourself.

A friend called me in November, he had just installed a 230 in his 64 Acadian and the clutch wouldn't disengage. Went through a list of possibilities, when I asked if he put the clutch disc in backwards, he said "I don't think so", asked which way the springs went and he said "I don't know". Ended up that he had put it in backwards...

But I also drove around for several years with my sway bar installed upside down, so we all do silly things.

Well I guess I will have to confess to being old and stupid. Got everything ready to fire up my engine Wednesday. Checked everything and all seemed good to go. poured gas in the carb and hit the ignition. It back fired like a shotgun. moved distributor and nothing but back fire. Checked everything and finally figured out I had firing order in counter clock wise and supposed to be clock wise. But it has been over 40 yrs since have done this. No one would have known this if I hadn't told it. That may be the stupid part.

Latest posts

Back