Cheap and EZ Lowering Blocks

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T2T

Still running with scissors!
the smallest town in the smallest county in the s
Before I made my blocks I made a set from wood. This way I could move it outside and stand back and look........................
100_2278.jpg

I had some one inch aluminum I cut using a band saw, a table saw with a carbide(wood) blade will work too. Next drill a 1/2" locating hole in the center. I made the locating pin out of half inch stock, one inch long.

100_2281.jpg

100_2282.jpg

I wasn't sure if one inch was gonna be low so I also made a 1/2" block to add to the 1" one.

100_2284.jpg

Last edited:
If I use both blocks I will weld them together......................Not very High tech, but it works and is easy to do.
100_2285.jpg

This is on mt '32 Ford frame....things are just mocked up, once I get weight on it things may change!

Last edited:
Hey thanks for that, i happen to have some aluminum like that laying on my bench right now. Was wondering what I could use it for, now I know!:D

Thanks for the how-to Mr. 2 Tone. I need to make some blocks right now to replace a pair of cast ones that are cracked. I have to scrounge up some aluminum stock first though.

Just to add: You could also cut one side of the block on an angle to form a wedge if a pinion angle adjustment is needed.

Excellent tip. Looks so easy the way you did it and explain it. Thanks for posting.:)

BTW, where did you find longer u bolts?

Don

i got my longer u bolts from my local auto zone. 12 bucks they called it a lowering kit w/o blocks and there is a lowering kit with blocks for 24.99
it was in in a red box by the rest of the suspension parts it came with washers and nuts too for 12 bucks i diddnt have to wait for shipping:D

Latest posts

Back